Looking for a job where a passion for innovation, a culture of teamwork, and opportunities for growth are valued and rewarded? You’ve come to the right place.
You don’t have to be an airline aficionado to join American Airlines. It takes more than cool planes to keep us ahead of the curve, and thanks to our team of behind the scenes professionals, we do just that. As the largest airline in the world, American Airlines is in the business of serving the global travel needs of our customers. At the core of the Company is our commitment to each customer and each employee. We are dedicated to developing and delivering what our customers value and are willing to pay for. Customer-centric planning, innovative marketing, and an exceptional customer experience are supported by a cadre of talented people.
What does it take to join us? We’re glad you asked! We expect exceptional skills in your discipline and a dedication to being the best as we relentlessly pursue our goal of being not just the largest airline in the world, but also the best airline in the world.
Fortunately, we’re building on almost a century of innovation and firsts in our industry – and we plan to continue that tradition of excellence.
About The Job
This job is a member of the Corporate Sales team within the Sales Division. Responsible for managing 6 to10 strategically important corporate customers that represent some of AA’s most important customers
Specifically, you’ll do the following:
- Manage targeting, territory and funnel management; account planning; call planning; customer needs and opportunities assessments; offering and value proposition development and communication; negotiations; service and support; value reinforcement, account penetration and pull through; customer team leadership; the internal system; and a positive OneTeam environment
- Maximize AA’s share of wallet by effectively executing value-based selling, account strategy and the AA sales process
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field or equivalent experience/training
- 7 years successful business to business sales experience handling large or strategically important accounts
- Experience working with and selling to C-Suite
- Executives Proven and effective cross functional and team experience
- Excellent account planning that balances potential and achievability
- Value-based selling skills founded on business acumen and the ability to translate benefits into the customer's business language
- Strong negotiation skills that lead to mutually beneficial deals
- Ability to accurately diagnose known and unknown account business needs and translate needs into opportunities and appropriate offerings
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Strong knowledge of and ability to implement value-based selling
- Strong account strategy development and execution skills
- Proven ability to successfully leverage internal resources
- Strong Executive level presence and impact
- Excellent presentation skills
- Must be willing to travel for business as needed
- Airline/Travel related experience
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and written with all levels within the organization