American Airlines is seeking Part Time Premium Customer Service Representative at the John F Kennedy International Airport
The terms and conditions of this position are covered by the CWA-IBT Collective Bargaining Agreement.
CWA-IBT employees who are not currently in the Premium Services workgroup must apply for prequalification to this role by submitting a PCSR Application (PE64) and participate in an interview. A transfer request must also be submitted and on file. Both can be submitted via https://transfer.aa.com.
The Premium Customer Services Representative is an ambassador of American Airlines, providing superior hospitality, excellent customer service, extensive ticketing and problem resolution for our most valuable customers in all areas covered by the Premium Customer Services organization. Premium Customer Services Representatives provide enhanced, extraordinary services in a positive, enthusiastic, courteous and friendly manner to all customers and guests.
Responsibilities include comprehensive domestic and international ticketing functions, boarding pass issuance, seat assignments, upgrades, day of and future date ticketing, managing guest needs during off-schedule operations (IROPS) including rerouting travel itineraries, providing operational support which may include meeting customers and assisting with connecting flights and boarding, promoting Admirals Club memberships and renewals, thorough knowledge of all club and lounge membership and access policies, proactively mitigating customer service failures and deficiencies, and assisting guests in all areas of Premium Customer Services.
Premium Customer Services Representatives are expected to take ownership, go above and beyond to surprise and delight guests, know where to find answers and offer the right solution to guests at the right time, engage with guests in a caring and personalized manner, utilize opportunities to sell and market all products, services and membership types, remain current on policies and procedures, products, services, features, and marketing promotions, complete required training through all mediums (instructor-led and web-based), help maintain a clean and professional work environment and strive to achieve and support department goals and objectives.
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be able to read, write, fluently speak and understand the English language
- Bilingual language skills required in some locations
- Must fulfill FAA criminal background checks to qualify for unescorted access privileges to airport security identification
display areas (SIDA), if applicable
- Must be able to secure appropriate airport authority and/or US Customs security badges, if applicable
- Actively demonstrate extraordinary customer service and customer engagement in an environment of hospitality
- Ability to work under pressure, handle a multitude of projects concurrently while paying close attention to detail and
- Excellent salesmanship skills/interpersonal skills with ability to interact effectively with all levels of management and
- Service-oriented and self-motivated with a high level of professionalism
- Able to attend training classes in Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
- Prior customer hospitality experience strongly preferred
- Maintain a well-groomed and professional appearance
- Excellent communication skills
- Prior travel industry experience preferred
- PC experience preferred
- Strong organizational and administrative skills required
- Ability to work irregular and/or extended hours, including weekends and holidays
- Must report to work on a regular and timely basis
- Travel to the interview and any subsequent relocation expenses are the responsibility of the candidate.