Looking for a job where a passion for innovation, a culture of teamwork, and opportunities for growth are valued and rewarded? You’ve come to the right place.
You don’t have to be an airline aficionado to join American Airlines. It takes more than cool planes to keep us ahead of the curve, and thanks to our team of behind the scenes professionals, we do just that. As the largest airline in the world, American Airlines is in the business of serving the global travel needs of our customers. At the core of the Company is our commitment to each customer and each employee. We are dedicated to developing and delivering what our customers value and are willing to pay for. Customer-centric planning, innovative marketing, and an exceptional customer experience are supported by a cadre of talented people.
What does it take to join us? We’re glad you asked! We expect exceptional skills in your discipline and a dedication to being the best as we relentlessly pursue our goal of being not just the largest airline in the world, but also the best airline in the world.
Fortunately, we’re building on almost a century of innovation and firsts in our industry – and we plan to continue that tradition of excellence.
About The Job
This job is a member of the Hubs & Gateways or Stations Team within the Customer Experience Division. This position will be responsible for ensuring a high performing operation by leading, engaging, coaching and developing front-line team members. Also responsible for supporting their teams' efforts in creating a safe, reliable operation while delivering an elevated customer experience.
Specifically, you’ll do the following:
- Drives operational excellence
- Creates an environment that cares for our frontline team members and celebrates the team successes
- Leads airport team to perform their work in a safe, efficient manner and in compliance with Federal, state and local regulations including DOT, FAA and other government agencies
- Provides frontline team exceptional support through a variety of mechanisms in order for them to deliver superior customer service
- Coaches and mentors frontline team members in skill development, customer service elevation and company culture behaviors
- Promotes an environment of mutual respect and trust between frontline team members
- Establishes and promotes effective relationships with external and internal customer base that fosters compassion, authenticity, integrity, respect and dignity
- Provides the direction and appropriate support structure using effective resources to enable the team to deliver high performance
- Assesses operational environment and conditions to ensure corporate and local scorecard metrics are fulfilled through collaboration across departments and levels
- Ability to work extra hours when there are operational needs
- Ability to work rotating shifts including weekends, holidays and days-off
- High School diploma or GED equivalency
- Ability to bring out the best performance in the workforce through proactive employee engagement and support for an inclusive working environment
- Ability to actively listen - giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate
- Critical thinking ability - using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Ability to monitor and assess performance of self, team members and the operation to make improvements or take corrective action
- Strong decision making skills
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Ability to work under demanding operational conditions
- Ability to prioritize and execute with a sense of urgency and preciseness
- Ability to use sound business judgment to resolve issues with internal and external customers
- Ability to coordinate station activities and collaborate with multi-functional departments and agencies to ensure essential needs are met for a safe, efficient, on-time operation
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Has USPS clearance or the ability to obtain USPS clearance. USPS has a five-year United States residency requirement
- Previous airport customer service experience
- 2 years experience leading others
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures and functional automation applications
- Ability to promote connection and understanding with team members, customers and management team