Looking for a job where a passion for innovation, a culture of teamwork, and opportunities for growth are valued and rewarded? You’ve come to the right place.
You don’t have to be an airline aficionado to join American Airlines. It takes more than cool planes to keep us ahead of the curve, and thanks to our team of behind the scenes professionals, we do just that. As the largest airline in the world, American Airlines is in the business of serving the global travel needs of our customers. At the core of the Company is our commitment to each customer and each employee. We are dedicated to developing and delivering what our customers value and are willing to pay for. Customer-centric planning, innovative marketing, and an exceptional customer experience are supported by a cadre of talented people.
What does it take to join us? We’re glad you asked! We expect exceptional skills in your discipline and a dedication to being the best as we relentlessly pursue our goal of being not just the largest airline in the world, but also the best airline in the world.
Fortunately, we’re building on almost a century of innovation and firsts in our industry – and we plan to continue that tradition of excellence.
About The Job
A candidate for the Analyst, Planning role should be an energetic, analytical and self-motivated individual who thrives in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment. The analyst will be responsible for identifying opportunities to improve processes, provide customization and streamline information flow to our team members. In addition, this role is responsible for providing our account managers with support for customer events. Strong communication skills are required to communicate internally within our division, as well as with other departments and leadership.
Specifically, you will do the following:
- Prepare and develop customized customer reviews and performance presentations that reflect the strategy of Global Sales
- Share upcoming event schedules with Front line managers and manage customer rsvp’s on our ticket management software
- Coordinate with AAdvantage to secure AAdvantage mile giveaways for customer events
- Manage the events calendar for the division
- Develop strategies to improve performance for corporate and channel accounts
- Other adhoc projects to aid account managers with their sales efforts
- Present findings clearly and concisely to all levels of leadership
- A minimum of a BA/BS or equivalent training/education is required
- Decisive, self-motivated with data analysis abilities
- Team player with outstanding interpersonal skills is essential
- An aptitude for simple and clear communication
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Experience with SQL is a plus
- Experience with Global Sales data preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Capacity to execute multiple projects concurrently and be comfortable with a changing environment
- 2 years of event scheduling and management experience