The Research & Product Development Analyst is responsible for property and casualty research and insurance product, planning, development, implementation for projects to meet internal and external organizational goals. This person is responsible for conceptualizing and leading projects and programs to fulfill strategic and operational goals.
Chief Risk Officer & Vice-President Product Development
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Provide research and forms analysis for AAIC and affiliated companies
- Draft coverage forms and endorsements
- Lead the ongoing development of enhancements to support increased value to customers
- Research and analyze product data and feedback from customers, underwriting, business development, and partners/prospects to promote vision for existing products and development of new products.
- Execute research to further support rationale for product development and to develop intelligence about industry coverage trends.
- Develop internal processes to define the product strategy, roadmap and priorities.
- Research, develop & implement best processes strategies for new product development, launch and analysis.
- Develop requirements documents and use cases for new product features.
- Monitor the status of development projects supporting new features
- Develop expertise on other products in the marketplace
- Provide guidance and direction to internal managers, including actuarial, underwriting, claims, and business development for developing new products and managing the life cycle of existing products
- Build relationships with other AAIC staff to enhance the understanding of product needs and to facilitate implementation of changes.
- Conduct analysis of competitor's products, features, pricing and other information.
- Provide ongoing technical support and product customization for existing portfolio of products
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree
- Solid knowledge of the insurance marketplace
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with insurance product development
- Proven track record of new product development, implementation & management
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Attention to detail and organization
- A team player with ability to problem-solve and partner with others to effect solutions
- Results oriented, customer focused and enthusiastic with a serious commitment to excellence
- Chartered Property and Casualty Underwriter designation
- ARM or other industry risk designations