Essential Position Functions:
- Create, update and distribute tech specifications for product line.
- Create and update electronic mock-ups for customer review and approval which would include the graphical interpretation of the product and any embellishments or artwork provided by the customer using Adobe.
- Design and create graphics related to school specific logos, seals, etc. as requested to support ongoing accounts or to help gain new accounts.
- Modify and refine designs to conform to customer specifications, price points, and corporate margins.
- Work closely with the internal customers and factories to develop samples, trouble shoot problems, and ensure samples arrive on time.
- Maintain tracking for samples both product and embellishments (embroidery, heat transfer, patches,etc.)
- Support color approval process by maintaining color standards and evaluating lab dips and production lots.
- Assign item numbers and set new item numbers up in the AS400.
NOTE: Temporary position only
The Product Development Coordinator tracks and steers styles and embellishments through the development process from creation to production system load. Creates and supports electronic mock-ups using Adobe that will be used by customers for review and approval of product design. Executes projects to deliver product designs and attributes at target costs and within project timelines through extensive communication with global manufacturers, production planning; customer service and sales.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Acrobat) for electronic mock ups & technical specification packages.
- Great sense of styling/garment construction, color theory, quality, design desired.
- Clothing and textile background preferred.
- Computer literate on Word, Excel, AS-400, email and telephone skills.
- Excellent communications skills, interaction with sales, marketing, customer service.
- High School minimum; college/university degree preferred
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
Standing, bending, lifting; will ork in warehouse sample room.