We are the American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM), an innovative professional medical association located in Darien, IL, a southwest suburb of Chicago. Established in 1975, the AASM is a professional, forward thinking membership organization dedicated to the advancement of sleep medicine and related research. Our mission is to assure quality care for patients with sleep disorders, promote the advancement of sleep research and provide public and professional education. We represent the professional interests of over 9,000 sleep medicine clinicians and researchers worldwide and accredits thousands of sleep centers in the United States.
In pursuit of improving sleep health and promoting high quality patient-centered care for all people, the AASM is dedicated to fostering a culture that is committed to excellence, inclusive, flexible, collaborative, appreciative, supportive and innovative. We strive to live out these core values each day and are looking for others who would like to do the same.
We have an immediate need for an Instructional Design Project Manager to manage the development of on-demand education products, from conception to launch. You will collaborate with staff, volunteers and subject matter experts to design, develop, evaluate and implement high quality educational programs and products. In addition, you'll manage the activities of multiple committees and serve as staff lead to manage internal production and delivery of education products. The ideal candidate will have experience in the production of educational/training materials using instructional design principles. Bonus points if you've worked at a healthcare or not-for-profit association.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage the content development of multiple enduring education products in collaboration with subject matter experts.
- Translate educational content to appropriate interactive delivery platforms using best practices in adult learning, instructional design and eLearning.
- Create formal project plans and tracking systems for each product in development. Ensure that projects adhere to deadlines.
- Maintain databases and manage projects from concept to release.
- Coordinate production of education products with internal staff, including graphics, IT, marketing and membership to move products from content development to release.
- Collaborate with marketing staff to promote sales of on-demand educational products, particularly at product release and end of product life cycle.
- Review existing courses for relevancy, quality and consistency and work with subject matter experts to implement revisions or updates as appropriate.
- Collaborate with CME staff to ensure accreditation standards are followed and that CME accreditation is maintained.
- Serve as staff liaison to committees to ensure projects are completed and mandates are met as assigned by the board; prepare agendas and supporting materials for conference calls, facilitate committee calls/meetings, accurately transcribe and forward minutes, and complete necessary follow-up in a timely manner.
- Write reports, memos and email correspondence to facilitate clear communication with committee members, other staff and society members.
- Monitor industry trends and present recommendations for on-demand education, including topics of interest and delivery methods.
- Input and maintain product data and assessment items in databases.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.)
- Minimum of three years' experience in production of educational/training materials using instructional design principles, preferably in healthcare or not-for-profit associations (sample work required).
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills; written and verbal communication skills; organization, planning and an attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, membership and vendors
- Limited travel which includes weekends
- Experience in video production/editing
- Medical association experience
- Knowledge of continuing medical education (CME) and maintenance of certification (MOC)
- Experience coordinating and facilitating volunteer work
Aside from the great job opportunity, we offer a collaborative and fun work culture with amazing benefits.
- Affordable medical & dental coverage for you and your family
- Free life & disability insurance
- 3 weeks of PTO (personal/vacation/sick time) plus paid company holidays
- PAID parental leave
- Flex-time hours
- Business casual environment
- Generous 401(k) plan
- Flexible spending & dependent care accounts
- Discounted fitness membership
- Costco membership
- Weekly "Wellness Wednesdays" with walk, stretch and healthy snack breaks
- Twice daily "plank breaks"
- Monthly birthday celebrations, Lunch and Learns & seasonal staff events
- Onsite yoga classes
- Community garden
Job Type: Full-time
- Instructional Design: 3 years (Required)
- production of educational/training materials: 3 years (Preferred)