We are the American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM), an innovative professional medical association located in Darien, IL, a southwest suburb of Chicago. Established in 1975, the AASM is a professional, forward-thinking membership organization dedicated to the advancement of sleep medicine and related research. Our mission is to assure quality care for patients with sleep disorders, promote the advancement of sleep research and provide public and professional education. We represent the professional interests of over 9,000 sleep medicine clinicians and researchers worldwide and accredit thousands of sleep centers in the United States.
In pursuit of improving sleep health and promoting high quality patient-centered care for all people, the AASM is dedicated to fostering a culture that is committed to excellence, inclusive, flexible, collaborative, appreciative, supportive and innovative. We strive to live out these team values each day and are looking for others who would like to do the same.
Our talented design team is growing! The AASM's brand is as important as the quality of the members that we serve. As the newest addition to our design team, reporting to the Design Manager, you will be responsible for graphic designs in print, digital and social all while upholding the AASM's brand. You will create from existing ideas and concepts, as well as create unique and compelling designs. As a creative problem solver collaborating with multiple departments, you feel comfortable voicing your opinion, but are also willing to turn criticism into motivation. If you're ready for a role that will challenge you to produce award winning work, you will thrive at AASM.
About our Design Department
We are an award-winning team responsible for maintaining over 10 different brands while pushing the boundaries of latest design trends. You will work with the Design Manager to prioritize projects and grow your skills in the field of design. Projects include brochures, infographics, mailers, landing page layout, and product brand development with the potential for video and/or UX based projects. As your familiarity with the company needs and talent grows, you will be given more opportunities to take on different types of projects. This is a great opportunity to learn about both the design and association industry.
View our portfolio: https://aasm.org/portfolio/
Responsibilities and Duties
- Create compelling visual concepts for a wide variety of products and services including but limited to the following: branding, campaign design, email layout, landing page layout, infographics, brochures, multi-page layouts, mailers, PowerPoint presentations, and interactive PDFs. Involves regular collaboration with internal client groups and design team.
- Contribute new ideas for products/processes. Consults with Design Manager to further expand technical expertise, quality, and speed.
- Work with other departments collaboratively, using meetings, personal demonstrations, education and other venues within the office on submitted content.
- Maintain quality and continuity of products and services by ensuring brand consistency across all mediums.
- Manage complete project lifecycle including timelines, approvals, prepping for print production or handing off for digital launch.
Qualification and Skills Needed
- Portfolio displaying skills such as typography, composition, color theory, organization, creative problem solving and usage of the Creative Cloud program.
- Minimum bachelor's degree in graphic design or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills may be obtained.
- One year of related experience.
- Proficiency in Adobe software (Photoshop, InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, etc.)
- A positive attitude and willingness to learn.
- Ability to manage time and resources on multiple, simultaneous projects and changing priorities.
- Strong attention to detail and solid proofreading abilities.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and possible outside vendors.
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment.
- A quick learner with good problem-solving skills.
- Great written and communication skills
- Contribution to our collaborative environment
Skills we'd like
- User experience design
- Video editing
- Focus group research
Skills we'd love
- Keyboard shortcut guru
- Portfolio/Resume displaying an array of different look/feels to account for different client needs
Aside from the great job opportunity, we offer a collaborative and fun work culture with amazing benefits.
- Affordable medical & dental coverage for you and your family
- Free life & disability insurance
- 3 weeks of PTO (personal/vacation/sick time), float and company holidays
- PAID parental leave
- Flex-time & telecommuting
- Business casual environment
- Generous 401(k) plan
- Flexible spending & dependent care accounts
- Discounted fitness membership
- Costco membership
- Weekly "Wellness Wednesdays" with walk, stretch and healthy snack breaks
- Twice daily "plank breaks"
- Monthly birthday celebrations, Lunch and Learns & seasonal staff events
- Onsite yoga classes
- Community garden
Job Type: Full-time
- Indesign: 1 year (Preferred)
- Illustrator: 1 year (Required)
- Photoshop: 1 year (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance