You are self-sufficient and highly motivated, self-directed and possess high energy and a passion for educational design and orthopaedics. You continually demonstrate exceptional communication skills and a solution-oriented attitude. You are known for your ability to juggle multiple responsibilities with great autonomy and initiative. You enjoy working in a dynamic climate, while developing partnerships, both internally and externally in an organization. You have strong project management expertise, outstanding interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills. Your strategic mindset helps you to know the market, inform and deliver product, while always staying mindful of educational trends, models and industry standards.
If this sounds like you, please read on!
The Product Manager, Online Learning is responsible for management of the Academy’s medical coding software, publications and web events resulting in approx. $1.5M in gross revenues. Oversees and manages all planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle, including but not limited to: managing, gathering, prioritizing and documenting product and customer requirements, defining product vision, and working closely with vendors, marketing and volunteer committees to ensure revenue and customer deliverables are met. Manages projects to ensure products support the association’s overall goals. Manages budgets and program execution. Proposes and develops new products from existing resources, generates new ideas based on experience and contact with customers and volunteer committees.
Know the market:
- Identifies and communicates requirements by conducting market research, supported by on-going visits to customers and non-customers; alert for new business opportunities and communicates to appropriate stakeholders.
- Performs ongoing competitive analyses and proposes necessary features and actions to ensure continued marketability of the coding portfolio.
- Summarizes market findings and quantifies the risk, including financial modeling.
- Makes go/no-go feature/partnership recommendations based on data.
- Provides relevant, timely and easily consumable updates to all internal and external stakeholders.
- Defines key metrics and goals related to product progress and success; Measures and reports on progress.
- Manages coding roadmap adjusting priorities based on market need.
Know the product
- Prepares, maintains, and evangelizes the product roadmap which defines product enhancements for short- and long-term releases; develop a three-year roadmap to illustrate coding vision and plans.
- Translates product strategy into detailed requirements and prototypes working in collaboration with the cross-functional team; Create user stories for current and future products based on the market’s problems.
- Scopes and prioritizes activities based on business and customer impact.
- Works closely with vendors to deliver with quick time-to-market and optimal resources.
- Maintains knowledge of industry standards and breakthroughs applicable to the development of Academy coding portfolio. Makes recommendations regarding strategy and development.
- Manages the entire product lifecycle from sunsetting/archiving legacy titles to prototyping and testing new features/products and ideas.
- Know why we are winning and losing in the market, and drive changes to coding products and processes to generate and track improvement.
- Develop and maintain a business plan that makes a compelling case for continued investment. Inform portfolio operating and capital budgets.
Inform and deliver product to market
- Works with Marketing & Communications to introduce coding portfolio enhancements to the market and provides content and creative input for program marketing and promotions.
- Defines specific launch goals and strategies.
- Develops and implements go-to-market plans and supporting documentation, sales aids, and other necessary materials.
- Ensures cross-organizational readiness.
- Collaborates on all communication efforts, including social media campaigns to drive engagement in target markets.
- Tracks and communicates status.
- Works with Customer Service, TDS, and Accounting stakeholders to create invoices and statements, manages billing communication calendar.
- Collaborates with membership department and product users to collect feedback, analyze and react to the product and customer needs.
- Engages with the Coding & Reimbursement Committee and committee staff liaison as required.
- Maintain AAOS/AMA relationship; complete royalty reports in accordance to contract and explore other potential products to license.
- Identify partnership opportunities; analyze various market segments and collaborate with stakeholders to choose the best ones to pursue.
- Develop a three-year Industry/Institution roadmap to illustrate alignment with needs.
- Serve as initial point of contact for content partners.
- Tracks & reports on partner-specific metrics and goals related to channel performance; implement efficiencies where identified.
- Identify trends & other environmental factors – report to stakeholders as appropriate.
- Drive buy-build-partner analysis, and where necessary, review potential partner relationships.
Approximately 40 days per year
- 5 years of job-related experience in software development.
- 5+ years of marketing, development, sales, or product management experience.
- Tech savvy and passionate about building and growing products.
- Track record of using qualitative and quantitative data to prioritize and drive decision-making.
- Metrics-driven: Strong analytical and synthesis skills are a must, including the ability to absorb and process large amounts of data into actionable information.
- Excellent teamwork, communication, organizational and time management skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams and third parties.
- Innovative, highly-motivated, and excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills.
- Curious and comfortable holding professional conversations with medical or scientific professionals.
- Demonstrated interest in medical/scientific subjects.
- Medical Coding certificate or experience.
- Proficient in productivity applications such as Microsoft Office, Project or Basecamp.
- Previous medical experience.
- PMC-II or higher.
- Advanced study in Education or MBA.
- Experience in continuing medical education.
- Familiar with ACCME requirements.
- Undergraduate degree in biological sciences and or 4 years’ experience in medical program development.
If this describes YOU, please apply by sharing the following:
- Clearly communicate why you are the ideal candidate for this role, providing specific examples and experiences as proof points.
- Attach your resume, cover letter and any additional materials that support your application.