TITLE: Accounting & Administration, Assistant
REPORTS TO: Executive & Administrative Assistant/DED, Finance & Administration
MAIN PURPOSE: Provide administrative support to the Executive & Administrative Manager, as well as manage Accounts Payable.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain a log of all incoming payments received for American Academy of Optometry (AAO) and American Academy of Optometry Foundation (AAOF). Scan and distribute copies of check log to designated staff members.
- Greet visitors and direct them to appropriate staff person.
- Answer all incoming telephone calls daily from 9:00 am until 5:00 pm. Respond to general inquiries and information requests about the annual meeting and membership.
- Open and distribute incoming mail, packages, etc., sign for all deliveries.
- Mail any letters, packages, etc., using USPS and FedEx accounts.
- Troubleshoot office equipment (fax, copier, etc.). Arrange for repair service as necessary.
- Properly code all incoming vendor invoices for Executive & Administrative Manager's approval.
- Maintain inventory of office and shipping supplies. Order office supplies/equipment as necessary.
- Assist Executive & Administrative Manager with overseeing facilities services, maintenance activities to ensure smooth daily operations, safety, and property security (security alarm system, HVAC, plumbing, electrical, elevator, back-up generator, irrigation, etc.).
- Manage off-site storage facility, inventory, etc.
- Provide other clerical and administrative support to the Executive & Administrative Manager, and any other departments when necessary.
- Responsible for accounts payable
- Assist with posting cash receipts
- Responsible for gathering corporate credit card receipts and reconciling to the credit card statement
- Responsible for managing all recurring pledge payments
- Responsible requesting and importing all tax forms
- Responsible for maintaining financial files based on record retention policy
- Other duties as assigned.
- Provide invitation letters to the annual meeting for international attendees.
- Organize and manage shipping of supplies/materials to and from the annual meeting.
- Distribute invitations for events during the annual meeting and maintain all RSVP lists.
- Minimum one (1) years prior experience as a Receptionist or Administrative Assistant, preferably with a not-for-profit organization
- Strong knowledge of standard office equipment including, but not limited to, computers, copier/printer/scanner
- Strong organizational and planning ability
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Proficient in relevant computer applications such as MS Excel and other MS Office applications
- Knowledge of accounts payable or basic bookkeeping a plus
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and complete follow-up
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Accounting: 1 year (Preferred)