The American Academy of Dermatology is seeking a Web Application Developer located in Rosemont, IL. This position will be responsible
for developing, testing, and maintaining web-based applications in coordination with senior developers, project managers, and end users.
The American Academy of Dermatology (Academy), founded in 1938, is the largest, most influential, and most representative of all dermatologic associations. A sister organization to the Academy, the American Academy of Dermatology Association is the resource for government affairs, health policy and practice information for dermatologists, and plays a major role in formulating policies that can enhance the quality of dermatologic care.
With a membership of more than 20,000 physicians worldwide, the Academy is committed to: advancing the diagnosis and medical,
surgical, and cosmetic treatment of the skin, hair and nails; advocating high standards in clinical practice, education, and research in dermatology; and supporting and enhancing patient care for a lifetime of healthier skin.
To learn more about the Academy please visit our website at www.aad.org, or follow us on these social media outlets:
- Facebook (www.facebook.com/aadskin)
- Twitter (www.twitter.com/AADskin)
- Pinterest (www.pinterest.com/AADskin)
- Instagram (www.instagram.com/aadskin1)
- Develop and maintain functional and user-friendly web applications from requirement documents or direct user consultation, using
technologies such as but not limited to C#, ASP.NET MVC/API, and SQL.
- Maintain legacy applications based on .NET Forms and work with other developers to migrate these applications to ASP.NET MVC as needed.
- Monitor for and resolve errors generated by existing ASP.NET Forms and MVC applications.
- Address, manage, and resolve project tickets identifying problems or requesting features. Juggle the competing needs of new feature
development, fixing bugs, and maintaining existing systems.
- Support the continuous integration, deployment, and hosting of our codebase by mastering some DevOps skills.
- Provide development assistance to the mobile application development team.
- Review existing legacy code with business users to find opportunities for improvement or retirement of application when possible.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Three years of experience in ASP.NET web development.
- Experience consuming and creating JSON/REST APIs.
- Experience with code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Familiarity with ASP.NET Forms is a plus.
- Familiarity with managing applications in Azure is a plus.
- Familiarity with basic DevOps practices is a plus.
- Any experience with mobile app development is a plus.
- Ability and drive to stay current on emerging web technologies and practices is crucial.
- Attention to detail and code organization skills are essential.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and monitor projects and work independently as well as in a team environment is necessary.
- Ability to address and troubleshoot problems is required.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills required.
We offer a competitive compensation plan and benefits package including medical/dental/vision/life insurance as well as a matching retirement contribution, tuition reimbursement, bonus program, pension plan, paid vacation/medical/personal days, work-life balance, recognition program and casual work environment.
For immediate consideration please apply online at www.aad.org and follow the Employment link. EOE M/F/D/V