The American Academy of Dermatology is seeking an Business Development Project Specialist located in Rosemont, IL. This position will be responsible for the administrative and operational functions for the New Business and Product Development unit in four key areas: New product development process, Affinity programs management, AAD Licensing management, and general new business opportunities. Additionally, the role is responsible for coordinating the effective flow of information, tasks and schedules between content areas, marketing and technical teams, vendors, and other stakeholders to facilitate the design and creation of successful products and services. This position will also execute the operational set-up of new products including testing of products in development and coordinates operational and administrative aspects or affinity and licensing programs.
The American Academy of Dermatology (Academy), founded in 1938, is the largest, most influential, and most representative of all dermatologic associations. A sister organization to the Academy, the American Academy of Dermatology Association is the resource for government affairs, health policy and practice information for dermatologists, and plays a major role in formulating policies that can enhance the quality of dermatologic care.
With a membership of more than 20,000 physicians worldwide, the Academy is committed to: advancing the diagnosis and medical, surgical, and cosmetic treatment of the skin, hair and nails; advocating high standards in clinical practice, education, and research in dermatology; and supporting and enhancing patient care for a lifetime of healthier skin.
- Work across the Academy with content areas to navigate and utilize the product development process through the Strategic Evaluation Team (SET); from product brief to launch or other. Communicate and facilitate the flow of information for projects for each stage of the process. Responsible for documenting and reporting on meetings including creating and distributing meeting minutes and maintaining current information and files on shared Dropbox folders.
- Manage communication and coordinate between departments to usher projects through the developmental process, launch phase, and early life cycle. Manage product work schedules and work with teams to ensure timelines and roles and responsibilities are understood and met. Escalate to Director when necessary.
- Coordinate with the Information Technology development team on product creation or enhancements. Create and implement test protocol on a product by product basis.
- Set up mechanisms to effectively coordinate the affinity and licensing partner programs including schedules/timelines, license agreements, and royalty tracking and reporting. Coordinate up-date meetings, develop agendas and minutes that include all products in progress as well as new. Conduct follow up with stakeholders on any outstanding issues.
- Coordinate initial set-up and operational aspects of new products and facilitate information flow between Finance and Marketing.
- Assist Director with monitoring, developing, and inputting budgets into the appropriate systems. Mange invoices, expenses, travel, meeting logistics, contracts.
- Bachelor’s Degree from accredited college or university, or 2 years relevant experience required.
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong project management experience, managing timelines, schedules, etc
- Proficient in Microsoft extended suite of products; familiarity with database systems.
- Strong project management skills. Ability to manage multiple timelines and provide follow up on projects to ensure deadlines are met.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Proven ability to effectively coordinate and manage multiple tasks/projects, to prioritize, and adapt to a complex, frequently shifting environment.
- Intellectual curiosity and a passion for lifelong learning.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills required.
- Must be able to multi-task, organize and prioritize assignments to ensure they are completed accurately within established deadlines.
- Able to work effectively and collaboratively with varied people to facilitate the completion of work.
- Ability to execute with minimal supervision including systems to create, manage, track, and impact project timelines and deliverables.
- Ability to identify and define problems; examine relevant information and choose the best course of action based on information available and own judgment.
- PC/Systems literate (MS Office, Database Management Software, Membership Application Software) and strong ability to learn new software products required. Basic knowledge of new product development process and practice preferred.
We offer a competitive compensation plan and benefits package including medical/dental/vision/life insurance as well as a matching retirement contribution, tuition reimbursement, bonus program, pension plan, paid vacation/medical/personal days, work-life balance, recognition program and casual work environment.
For immediate consideration please apply online at www.aad.org and follow the Employment link. EOE M/F/D/V