The American Academy of Dermatology is seeking a Brand Category Manager, Marketing located in Rosemont Location responsible for contributing to the product development process by working with the cross-functional business and product teams through the stages of product life cycle and creating a strategic vision for a robust product pipeline. Provide leadership and creative thinking to the analysis and the identification of new market/product opportunities. Contribute to the brand planning activities by planning, executing, and assessing marketing activities and ensure that they align with strategic initiatives for practice management and that brand voice is consistent and integrated in all communication efforts for the category. Drive category sales (growth and volume) performance.
The American Academy of Dermatology (Academy), founded in 1938, is the largest, most influential, and most representative of all dermatologic associations. A sister organization to the Academy, the American Academy of Dermatology Association is the resource for government affairs, health policy and practice information for dermatologists, and plays a major role in formulating policies that can enhance the quality of dermatologic care.
With a membership of more than 20,500 physicians worldwide, the Academy is committed to: advancing the diagnosis and medical, surgical, and cosmetic treatment of the skin, hair and nails; advocating high standards in clinical practice, education, and research in dermatology; and supporting and enhancing patient care for a lifetime of healthier skin.
To learn more about the Academy please visit our website at www.aad.org, or follow us on these social media outlets:
- Facebook (www.facebook.com/aadskin)
- Twitter (www.twitter.com/AADskin)
- Pinterest (www.pinterest.com/AADskin)
- Instagram (www.instagram.com/aadskin1)
- Deliver and manage category level strategic plans that dovetail with the Academy’s strategic direction and financial growth projections for category performance. Identify and champion product innovations through business development structure to better meet customer demands. Set synergistic vision and alignment for product enhancements, extensions, and new concepts that would filter through Strategic Evaluation Team (SET) for review. Systematically manage products throughout lifecycle and develop continuous flow of pipeline category opportunities through product portfolio management. Work cross-departmentally to annually review and evaluate products, align assessment prior to the budget cycle. Achieve successful, on-time launches, and ensure consistent brand positioning for new items launches.
- Maintain superb knowledge of the practice management category landscape. Work collaboratively with research team and utilize category and consumer insights to identify growth opportunities and drive product innovation. Stay on top of industry activity, trends, and competitive practices.
- Develop integrated strategic marketing communications plans that drive affinity and category brand loyalty. Strategic planning should consist of consideration of market forces, competitive analysis, attainable and measurable goals, promotional campaigns, and financial forecasting and budgeting. Determine appropriate multi-channel distribution strategies and work cross-departmentally to ensure consistent messaging across all available channels. Manage creation and execution of promotional tactics and coordination. Monitor distribution, brand/promotional effectiveness, and category trends as well as relevant competitive developments.
- Assist with marketing automation software by monitoring, analyzing, testing and refining strategies for email marketing and customer engagement when needed. Work to implement best practices for utilization of marketing automation tool, lead scoring, lead nurturing, data quality, and workflows as they contribute to the understanding of customer intelligence, insights, and engagement. Utilize platforms full capacity (i.e. developing landing pages, social campaigns, drip campaigns, lead nurturing and lead scoring models and track KPI’s from end to end campaigns). Manage and build segment database lists on previous customer behavior.
- Assist in the development of the departmental budget, monitor marketing expenses, and assist with quarterly variance reports. Assist in optimizing the advertising and promotion budget to efficiently deliver objectives and ROI.
- Attend as needed the Annual, Summer Academy, and various outside medical meetings to demo product and service offerings to attendees and assist with onsite sales and order taking at the Resource Center. Promote consistent image and representation of material, selected products, and member benefits to include point of purchase displays and collateral material at those meetings. Attend member events as an Academy representative and learn about the needs of current and prospective members to assist with implementing new programs and benefits.
- Work with the Academy’s Member Resource Center (MRC) to include updating representatives on marketing communication campaigns, answering higher-level member questions, coordinating the flow of information to and from the MRC representatives, and developing resource material for the MRC’s day-to-day use.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing or equivalent experience. MBA preferred.
- Five to seven years related experience, ideally in brand management, product development, and category management.
- Strong project management abilities with a focus on details.
- Communications experience in developing and implementing marketing plans, campaign planning, and brand strategy.
- Excellent writing skills specifically experience with marketing copy for print and electronic media (i.e. function to value proposition).
- Strong attention to detail skills required. Identify and define problems, examine relevant information and choose the correct course of action. Negotiation skills necessary.
- Ability to collect and analyze information used to make sound business process and procedure decisions.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, monitor and coordinate tasks to execute projects under minimal supervision and adhere to deadlines. Ability to lead and participate in cross-departmental work groups to achieve broad Academy objectives.
- Ability to handle and multi-task a variety of assignments. Ability to work well under deadline pressure. Proficiency in MS Office.
- Some travel required.
We offer a competitive compensation plan and benefits package including medical/dental/vision/life insurance as well as a matching retirement contribution, tuition reimbursement, bonus program, pension plan, paid vacation/medical/personal days, work-life balance, recognition program and casual work environment.
For immediate consideration please apply online at www.aad.org, scroll to the bottom of the page and follow the Employment link . EOE M/F/D/V