Currently looking for an experienced Director of Product Development-Insurance for a company in Chicago, IL. Our client is one of the nation’s leading insurers specializing in auto, home, life, health valuables insurance products for individuals, families and business. Ideal candidate should have 8+ years of progressive insurance experience preferably in Pricing, Product Implementation, operations, or Underwriting or the equivalent in related work experience.
As the Director of Product Development, you will design and manage personal lines insurance products at the national level including development, implementation, monitoring and supporting functional alignment of products strategies to achieve consistent profitable growth. Make recommendations to improve current products (rating and coverage offering) and systems to improve efficiency as well as effectiveness.
- Bachelor’s degree in Math, Statistics, Insurance or Business required
- MBA or other advanced degree preferred
- 8= years of progressive insurance experience in Pricing, Product Implementation, Operations, or Underwriting, or the equivalent related work experience required
- Ability to effectively lead teams and manage staff required
- Excellent problem-solving capability, leadership and analytical skills preferred
- Excellent computer skills with a strong knowledge of spreadsheets and databases preferred
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), including the ability to effectively interface all levels of management and staff preferred
- Excellent organizational, time management and project management skills, including the ability to manage multiple projects in a dynamic work environment preferred