About our Amenity, Meeting and Conference Center
Our five-star amenity and conference center is focused on personalized service and wellness, and is outfitted with state-of-the-art meeting spaces, cafe/lounge areas, functional fitness facilities, and a curated, locally sourced food and beverage program.
The Director of Sales is a sales leadership and management position that will strategically implement sales and marketing programs to achieve and exceed sales goals. The DOS will be responsible for supporting the General Manager in developing programs and strategies that improve market penetration and increase sales throughout the year. This position is an evangelist for our core values and drives engagement internally and externally through these values.
This person has an entrepreneurial spirit and is excited to build a new sales organization and be part of our recently launched Amenity and Meetings and Conference Company.
Duties & Functions
- Devising and implementing a focused meeting and events sales strategy.
- Setting revenue targets for the company and setting key performance indicators.
- Meeting with the sales managers on a regular basis to assess performance
- Implementing sales strategies across the company and monitoring effectiveness.
- Monitor market and sales activities of competitors and make strategic adjustments.
- Working closely with the Real Estate leasing team in order to secure large accounts.
- Implementing a variety of new business initiatives to drive sales.
- Ensuring the organization has an effective sales training program.
- Negotiating profitable agreements for contracts with clients internal and external
- Implementing an effective sales pipeline and lead tracking process.
- Ensuring the CRM is being used effectively and provides a competitive advantage.
- Implementing best practice in sales techniques throughout the department
- Prepare yearly sales and marketing plan, budget and revenue targets
- Understand community support/marketing organizations and participate as needed
- Attending industry events and conferences to generate new business leads.
- Support other properties needed
- 5 years' experience in sales, group catering events in a management role
- Must have experience in the development and execution of sales and marketing plans.
- Natural leader with an ability to inspire performance with sales teams.
- Strong commercial outlook and an entrepreneurial approach to business development.
- Formal sales training would be an advantage but not essential.
- Proven track record of achieving sales growth and delivery of results to business plans.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
- Planning, organizing and effective time management skills
- Ability to walk between properties, multiple times per day.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $100,000.00 to $125,000.00 /year
- supervisory: 5 years (Required)
- sales: 5 years (Preferred)
- event planning: 5 years (Preferred)
- marketing: 3 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off