Role Description: The Web Application Developer will drive and deliver differentiated technology solutions that overcome real business challenges. Projects includeMoodle custom features, software migration, online homework management, EBook and online interactive tutorials. The person should also monitor and maintain our server environment to ensure the software application runs smoothly.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Develop, test, and maintain custom functionality in the Moodle LMS system.
- Partner with operations staff to deploy, maintain, and monitor applications in production.
- Develop and test across multiple browsers, platforms, and devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Coordinate systems and applications upgrades and expansions accurately without adversely affecting systems availability.
- Deliver projects on time, on budget, and in scope (individually and as part of a team).
- Proactively employ mitigation strategies for technical risks.
- Prepare meaningful, accurate and concise reports.
- Clearly communicate technical concepts and their impacts to non-technical audiences.
- Stay abreast of new developments in web technology and their potential uses; bring ideas forward.
- Bachelor's Degree plus 5 years experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated experience in Mysql server and Mysql queries
- Demonstrated problem solving, debugging, and analytical skills
- Experience with versioning technologies (GIT preferred)
- Knowledge of user interface design
- Knowledge of Moodle, Canvas, D2L, Blackboard or any other Learning Management System is a definite asset
- Knowledge of Linux and Apache is an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and very creative
- Work well independently as well as in a cross-functional team environment
Applicants: Please submit cover letter and resume. We thank all applicants who choose to apply; however, only those selected will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary, Contract
- Web Development: 3 years (Required)