Who are we?
If you’re a smartphone user then you are part of an ever more connected and digital world. At Amdocs, we are leading the digital revolution into the future. From virtualized telecommunications networks, Big Data and Internet of Things to mobile financial services, billing and operational support systems, we are continually evolving our business to help you become more connected. We make sure that when you watch a video on YouTube, message friends on SnapChat or send your images on Instagram, you get a great service anytime, anywhere, and on any device. We are at the heart of the telecommunications industry working with giants such as AT&T, Vodafone, Telstra and Telefonica, helping them create an amazing new world for you where technology is being used in amazing new ways every single day.
Why do you want to work on ONAP?
The Open Network Automation Platform (ONAP) project brings together top global carriers and tier 1 vendors with the goal to automate the design, orchestration and management of services and virtual functions with unprecedented speed. The aim of this open source project is to create by analogy an ‘OS’ for telecoms: a common, widely accepted NFV technology platform for service and application innovation, and YOU can be at the very center of this development.
Operators urgently need a streamlined way to manage their networks and launch new services at the click of a button, and we are building it! The Linux Foundation’s ONAP project is ushering in a new collaborative relationship between the operator and vendor. Amdocs and its’ operator partners lead the way with the first jointly developed commercial ONAP deployments, delivered with our highly innovative co-creation model. Amdocs is at the very core of this development as a Platinum ONAP member https://www.onap.org/members .
Come hone your skills in our state-of-the-art open source development environment (we’re talking Kafka, OpenDaylight, Kubernetes, Docker, Netconf, Yang, Openstack, etc.). You will work at the forefront of networking technology alongside our star developers contributing and up-streaming YOUR code to the ONAP open source community!
In one sentence
Responsible for designs, develops, modifies, debugs and/or maintains software systems, Serves as an expert on specific modules, applications or technologies, and deals with complex assignments during the software development life cycle.
What will your job look like?
All you need is...
- Working on-site at a Montreal based service provider as part of a scrum team, you will be collaborating closely with both the customer and our R&D teams
- Working in a highly collaborative Agile Scrum team, you will design, develop, modify, debug and/or maintain software code according to functional, non-functional and technical design specifications.
- You will follow Amdocs software engineering standards, applicable software development methodology and release processes, to ensure code is maintainable, scalable, supportable and demo the software products to stakeholders
- Working as part of a team, you will collaborate and add value through participation in peer code reviews, provide comments and suggestions, work with cross functional teams to achieve goals.
- Understand and apply Scrum rules and principles in every tasks;
- Assure the quality of the work by writing and running unit tests;
- You will be accountable for your specific work products within an application and provide technical support during solution design for new requirements.
- You will actively look for opportunities to innovate, and drive continuous improvement and efficiency in all assigned tasks.
Why you will love this job:
- Bachelor degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical disciplines
- 5+ years of experience in Java, J2EE, REST APIs
- Experience working in an Agile Scrum environment
- Experience with Linux
- Experience in Virtualization, SDN,Cloud technologies such as TOSCA, YANG, NETCONF, OpenStack, VMware, OpenDaylight
- Strong organizational skills. Must be able to handle several technologies simultaneously. Must be able to communicate effectively between sites.
We work hard AND play hard! You will be part of a world-class engineering team, while getting a chance to participate on our many sports teams, attend social functions like Karaoke parties and golf tournaments, show off your innovation skills in global Hackathons, and give back to the community through our many charitable activities.