If you’re a smartphone user then you are part of an ever more connected and digital world. At Amdocs, we are leading the digital revolution into the future. From virtualized telecommunications networks, Big Data and Internet of Things to mobile financial services, billing and operational support systems, we are continually evolving our business to help you become more connected. We make sure that when you watch a video on YouTube, message friends on SnapChat or send your images on Instagram, you get a great service anytime, anywhere, and on any device. We are at the heart of the telecommunications industry working with giants such as AT&T, Vodafone, Telstra and Telefonica, helping them create an amazing new world for you where technology is being used in amazing new ways every single day.
In one sentence
Responsible for designs, develops, modifies, debugs and/or maintains software systems, Serves as an expert on specific modules, applications or technologies, and deals with complex assignments during the software development life cycle.
What will your job look like?
- You will take ownership and accountability of specific modules within an application and provides technical support and guidance during solution design for new requirements, problem resolution for critical / complex issues
- You will Ensures code is maintainable, scalable and supportable.
- You will present demos of the software products to stakeholders and internal/external customers, using knowledge of the product/solution and technologies to influence the direction and evolution of the product/solution.
- You will investigate issues by reviewing/debugging code and providing fixes (analyzes and fixes bugs) and workarounds, will review changes for operability to maintain existing software solutions, will highlight risks and will help mitigate risks from technical aspects.
- You will bring continuous improvements/efficiencies to the software or business processes by utilizing software engineering tools and various innovative techniques, and reusing existing solutions. By means of automation, reduces design complexity, reduces time to response, and simplifies the client/end-user experience.
- You will represent/lead discussions related to product/application/modules/team (for example, leads technical design reviews). Builds relationships with internal customers/stakeholders
All you need is...
- Bachelor's degree in Science/IT/Computing or equivalent
- 7-8 years' experience as a software engineer or a software support engineer
- Significant proficiency/in-depth knowledge (5 years) in the OSS/OMS/ABP domain
- Working experience in CES 9.X and onwards
- Deep understanding of the integration points between Amdocs products and external systems
- Should be flexible to work on critical activities after working hours/weekends based on business needs
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment with many constantly changing requirements
Why you will love this job:
- You will be a key advisor for customers based on product capabilities and best practices, leveraging reuse where applicable and ensuring high business value
- You will get exposure to work on system modernization project