If you’re a smartphone user then you are part of an ever more connected and digital world. At Amdocs, we are leading the digital revolution into the future. From virtualized telecommunications networks, Big Data and Internet of Things to mobile financial services, billing and operational support systems, we are continually evolving our business to help you become more connected. We make sure that when you watch a video on YouTube, message friends on SnapChat or send your images on Instagram, you get a great service anytime, anywhere, and on any device. We are at the heart of the telecommunications industry working with giants such as AT&T, Vodafone, Telstra and Telefonica, helping them create an amazing new world for you where technology is being used in amazing new ways every single day.
In one sentence
Responsible for leading and mentoring a small development team within a specific task or project, side by side with hands-on development.
What will your job look like?
- You will provide technical leadership to software engineers by coaching and mentoring throughout end-to-end software development, maintenance, and lifecycle to achieve project goals to the required level of quality; promote team engagement and motivation.
- You will provide input to the software engineering manager for estimates, resource needs, milestones and risks; ensure effective delegation, monitoring tasks, identifying risks and handling mitigation and escalations.
- You will provide hands-on technical and functional input to design, maintenance, build, integration and testing of complex software components according to functional and technical design specifications; Follow software development methodologies and release processes
- You will analyze and provide input for the requirements and provide impact assessment for new features or bug fixes. Make high-level design and establishes technical standards.
- You will represent and lead discussions related to product/application/modules/team and build relationships with internal customers/stakeholders
- You will enforce quality processes (such as performing technical root cause analysis and outlining corrective action for given problems), measure them and takes corrective actions in case of variances and ensure all the project agreed deliverables are completed to the required level of quality.
All you need is...
- Bachelor's degree in Science/IT/Computing or equivalent
- 5 years of experience in a software engineering role
- 1-2 years of experience in leading tasks and/or mentoring engineers
- Thorough understanding of data warehouse and reporting concepts
- Software development and/or support methodologies, principles and procedures and related software management tools
- Experience in Amdocs CES product is a plus
Why you will love this job:
- You will be challenged with leading and mentoring a small development team, as well as leading the technical aspects of the project
- Opportunity to work with customer and business on requirement gathering and solutioning
- Gain experience in working with offshore development teams on detail design and managing deliverables
- End to end responsibilities on the projects assigned to you