Summary of Position:
We seek people who are forward-looking, innovative, enthusiastic and ambitious, team players, and high performers. We want you to join us in the special and rewarding work we are so fortunate to be a part of everyday – join Medicom and be inspired!
We are looking for an energetic Manager, Advertising and Digital Communications within the Marketing Communications group to join the growing marketing team at Medicom. We are building a fun and high performing marketing organization to unlock the potential and support the growth of a global independent health care company. The marketing team members we hire help set the direction for the organization and build a vibrant culture. If you have a passion for marketing, the talent to do world-class work, and the energy to be part of a fast-moving team that has enormous opportunity to drive results, we would love to talk with you.
This role will drive marketing advertising planning and execution, digital strategies and messaging for the entire brand portfolio. Working with the channel managers, the sales team and product development, the ideal candidate would have significant experience in a communications function in a similar industry.
- Oversee communications activities and coordinate with both internal and external partners.
- Develop and implement messaging campaigns including corporate events, websites, and trade shows.
- Develop country specific marketing communication plans for Canada and the US working collaboratively with the sales teams and channel managers
- Manage Co-Op advertising executions for major dealers in the US and Canada
- Develop “big ideas” and marketing hooks for product focused messages
- Develop messages across channels both online and offline,
- Conceptualize creative concepts across multiple customer touch points and channels
- Work collaboratively with sales, PD and internal creative teams to bring product launches and brand initiatives to life
- Lead briefing, creative approval, QA and implementation of marketing assets
- Work to ensure that marketing calendar is built to collaborate cross-functionally with key business partners
- Develop and execute key sales tools that help sales associates express the brand and achieve their business objectives
- Collaborate with sales team to maximize co-op marketing spend
Create marketing communications processes
- Execute leveraging established positioning, differentiation and messaging of product features and benefits.
- Lead the creative process to ensure high quality output from creative team members. Manage the development and delivery to suppliers of all packaging artwork for branded products.
- Manage social media marketing tools to support end user engagement.
- Coordinate all artwork requests.
- Ensure website tools are optimized via compelling content, search engine optimization, calls-to-action and options for engagement for maximum visitor-to-lead conversion.
- Create traffic drivers to the website (SEO, social, blog, content)
- Own and manage all company loyalty programs
- Social media distribution strategies and agency account management
- Drive and measure success through metrics and KPIs
Lead Generation & Base Marketing
- Develop content for HubSpot including automated drip campaigns
- Execute targeted and measurable campaigns, tradeshows and other lead generation and nurturing programs
- Execute an optimal mix of inbound and outbound programs.
- Content production and management, including, but not limited to social media, blogs, white papers, webcasts, videos, infographics, slideware
- Partner with Sales for continual input and feedback on programs to ensure participation, goal alignment and success
- Institute a discipline for lead nurturing, lead scoring and lead development.
- Closely partner with Sales to ensure lead generation program effectiveness.
- Own and drive adoption of marketing automation processes
- Communication Skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Work Ethic
The ideal candidate will:
- Have 3+ years of cross-discipline marketing experience in health care or consumer goods industry
- Thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Be a strong digital citizen
- Be analytically inclined, understanding what data means and how to apply it to identify opportunities and solve problems
- Know what it means to create compelling content
- Be an excellent all-around communicator
- Have the ability to manage multiple projects with lots of moving parts
- Be a marketing automation optimist
- Have online demand generation experience, involving blogs, email and other online/integrated campaigns
- Occasional travel required.
Computer Skills and Software Used:
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint, Word with advanced Excel skills
- Senior Manager Communications
- VP, Marketing
Education and Training:
- University degree or equivalent experience with at least 3 years of experience in Marketing Communications
- Familiar with a variety of sales concepts, practices, and procedures.
Skills and Aptitudes
- English proficiency mandatory. Bilingual French/English a strong asset
- Effective leadership capabilities which help establish Marketing as a valued resource within the organization.
- Demonstrates good judgment.
- Effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills including the ability to effectively convey information to a wide variety of internal and external audiences.
- Professional demeanor with actions performed at the highest level of honesty and integrity.
- Able to perform job functions within a group setting or as an individual contributor.
- Leads and directs the work of others.
- Has influence over team members; reviews and evaluates results.
- Act as a change agent as needed to continually strive for excellence as compared to peers within the industry.
- Will supervise 2 members of the Marketing team