Amcor Rigid Plastics - Internal Job Posting
Responsible for the maintenance, repairs and improvement of all equipment, buildings, and plant grounds including installation and removal of all equipment in accordance with company, industry and customer specifications at minimum cost and optimum efficiency.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manages team of direct reports and is responsible for employee selection, development, mentoring, and performance management. Responsible for overall talent management and employee engagement; cultivates an environment of safety, high performance, and ethical and legal compliance; addresses employee relations issues
- Ensures all employees are properly trained and aware of potential safety and health risks in compliance with Amcor Health and Safety requirements, OSHA guidelines and GMP sanitation procedures.
- Provides technical input, solutions and options on improving productivity, efficiencies, and documented product quality for all Blowmold and Injection Mold production as well as being fully involved with the plant management team.
- Drive Continuous Improvement throughout the plant
- Establish priorities for the maintenance department to ensure the effective utilization of all available resources.
- Recommend and implement programs to eliminate identified problems, improve labor utilization, upgrade facilities and reduce costs.
- Seek bids for construction, alteration or installation of work as required. Recommends contractors based on cost, workmanship, and completion dates. Administers such contracts, and coordinates work performed to insure company expectations are met.
- Responsible for the development, implementation, improvement and compliance of preventative maintenance programs and maintains current layout of buildings and grounds.
- Oversee the Maintenance Manager to motivate and assess skills, review and make recommendations and to ensure department personnel are technically competent to perform job duties.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Federal, State and local safety and health, environmental, building and fire ordinances and standards including but not limited to lockout / tagout, hazardous communication, machine guarding and waste disposal.
- Maintain the operation and maintenance of the facilities heating, air conditioning, electrical and compressed air systems.
- Follows and adheres to all Food Safety requirements within the plant. Has the authority to stop production due to quality issues.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Engineering or related discipline
- Minimum 5 years’ experience of industrial maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business reports and correspondence.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistics, define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of instructions and customer needs.
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills including ability to communicate both verbally and written quickly and effectively with all members of the shift and management. Must be capable of managing and training all shift personnel on an on-going basis.
- Travel 10-15%
Amcor Rigid Plastics welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.