Amcor, Inc., a global manufacturer in the plastics industry, is expanding and looking for an individual with a 'Can Do' attitude and desire to generate new business and customer relationships in a fast-paced, high-energy, customer focused environment.
The RSM role is part of the company's Polymer & Additive Division which provides polymer resins, blowing agents, additives, and proprietary compounds to multiple markets nationwide. The RSM will focus on acquiring new customers primarily for resin polymers such as PE, PP, PS by evaluating customers' needs, sharing of Amcor's offering, and working with customers' decision making unit. Successful RSMs will drive the top line to meet or exceed sales goals, while maintaining profitability based on company parameters.
The role, based in the Midwest and reporting to the National Sales Manager, is best suited for candidates who are interested in outstanding professional and earnings growth, as well as career progression. For more information visit: www.amcorplastics.com
* BS/BA from a 4-year college/university
* At least 5 years of polymer experience (Selling, Buying, or Processing/Operations) with documented track record of excellence and success. If past polymer experience in operations or buying, then sales training will be provided.
* Ability to build relationships at all levels combined with a customer service mentality.
* Outgoing personality with a positive attitude, and able to work independently as well as a in a team environment.
* Good with math / data analysis in order to manage dynamic resin pricing, determine trends regarding historical sales/production, product purchases/output and buying/purchasing patterns.
* Strong reporting, communication and organization skills.
* A desire to achieve results and naturally overcome obstacles!
* Proficient with Microsoft Office suite of products preferred.
** Meet or exceed sales targets and other performance objectives.
* Develops new customers through proactive prospecting in geographic (Midwest) and application (extrusion, molding, etc.) target markets based on research, outreach including cold calling/referrals, information sharing, customer problem identification, trials, etc. to develop relationships and turn prospects into satisfied customers. Applies effective time management to those activities.
* Services and grows existing accounts by developing a positive ongoing relationship with customers, understanding their business and purchasing needs, developing sales strategies to upsell and gain customer's understanding of company's products/services/capabilities and closing additional business.
* Communicates and coordinates daily with internal sales team and provides activity reports to management on the status of customer development and new sales opportunities.
* Minimum 70% travel, including overnight stays, to meet customers and prospects.
* Contributes to the overall team effort and other sales related duties may be assigned.
Amcor, Inc., offers a competitive base salary plus variable compensation, company car allowance, laptop/cell phone, complete health benefits package, 401(k) matching, and vacation/holiday benefits. EOE
For potential consideration, please forward your resume in MS Word or pdf today.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00 to $85,000.00 /year
Typical deal size: