BBC America is looking for a talented, highly motivated individual with strong data analysis, data storytelling and project management skills to join the BBC America Research team. The successful candidate will be able to look beyond 'what' an analysis shows with a strong desire to discover the 'why'. The Analyst will be involved in all aspects of research (outside of Ad Sales) and will work closely with the research team to turn large data sets into clear insights, infer trends from a variety of data sources, and confidently present findings.
- Produce various tracking, trending, and competitive performance reports.
- Support strategies for the network in the form of analyses and presentation materials from various syndicated and custom research resources.
- Maintain program databases including Nielsen systems (myEVNTS, myVOD) and internal databases that include data mapping and data transformation.
- Analyze and translate data-based findings into clear, relevant and actionable insights via presentations and/or recommendations.
- Detail oriented with excellent communication skills and the desire to interface with key clients and stakeholders. Regular, consistent and punctual attendance.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (Required & Preferred)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in marketing, communications, economics, statistics or related field.
- Experience working with audience measurement tools (Nielsen, ComScore, Google Analytics, ListenFirst) a plus.
- Advanced Excel skills (Pivot Tables, Macros, etc.) a plus.
- 1-2 years of related experience preferred.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Strong analytical, organizational, writing and communication skills are essential.
- Ability to multitask and operate in an environment with tight deadlines.
Management Skills (Self-Management)
- Must be able to work independently, and manage self well.
- Candidate should possess high level of maturity and professionalism and must demonstrate ability to function individually and as part of a larger team.
- High level of proficiency with MS Office Applications (Excel & PowerPoint).
- Ability to clearly communicate data and produce analysis for multiple departments.
- Ability to spot and analyze ratings trends for BBC America and competitive programs.