AMC Networks creates some of TV's most well known shows such as Breaking Bad and The Walking Dead. AMC Networks is looking for a Swift engineer to develop products used by millions of viewers each month. The engineer will build highly visible consumer facing iOS and tvOS applications for AMC Network brands such as AMC, BBC America, IFC, Sundance TV and WE tv.
The engineer will be developing and maintaining features on applications for AMCN’s suite of networks and related business entities. Development work includes integrating services with both proprietary and public back-end services. Responsibilities include but not limited to user interface, video delivery, ad integrations, analytics, authenticated streaming, and application optimization.
With AMCN’s expansion to all streaming platforms, the engineer will also have an opportunity to work on other consumer platforms such as Roku, Xbox, FireTV and learn full-stack and cloud technologies such as React, Node.js, Docker and AWS from senior team members.
- Develop and maintain features on new and existing mobile and connected device apps developed on, but not limited to, Swift
- Contribute to the entire developmental lifecycle of the application from project initiation to store submission
- Contribute to the product and technical solutions collaborating with business and product stakeholders
- Deliver best-in-class user experience
- Help the team continuously improve both individually and as a unit
- Collaborate with web developers instantiate into mobile and connected device app development
- Stay current of latest trends in the mobile and connected industry to introduce new technology and products to key stakeholders
- Explore new technology solutions to be able to provide solutions out of the box
- Help foster a positive team-centric work environment that is conducive to the individual as well as team growth
- Proactively help outside of your specialization to ensure projects as well as other team members are successful
- Work in agile / scrum methodology and contribute to sprint planning by scoping and estimating tasks
- Facilitate communication with business stakeholders
- Help create QA and Test definitions and execute on them
- 1-2 years demonstrable development experience on iOS or tvOS
- 1+ years demonstrable development experience on Swift
- 1+ Experience with agile software development
- Good understanding and experience in Object Oriented and MVC programming
- Familiarity with integration of Rest API and other data services
- Experience to author technical documentation
- Ability review and modify user stories
- Ability to analyze user stories and develop technical solutions
- Experience with git
- Hunger to learn new and upcoming technology as required
- Ability to excel and adapt to dynamic technological and business landscape
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience in the software development field.