IFC Brand Manager will maintain the vitality and uniqueness of the IFC Brand and work across all departments to achieve network business goals within a hyper collaborative environment. Partner with the Executive Director to further overall AMC goals while keeping IFC brand projects moving forward. The brand manager requires a mix of sales, marketing, production, research, creative thinking, and the ability to work independently towards goals big and small.
- This role manages IFC’s distinct “Always On. Slightly Off” brand voice, while partnering with IFC’s Executive Director to shape and guide network initiatives, progress and process.
- IFC Brand Manager is a generalist that has a good perspective regarding the challenges and opportunities of the media business.
- Great creative instincts, strong interpersonal skills, excellent communicator and a willingness to think, do, and follow through are keys to success.
- The position also functions as an extension of the Executive Director’s role. As such, s/he should be capable of assisting in general day-to-day operations, while simultaneously working independently on key project
- S/he is a “Slightly Off” Jack of All Trades / Utility Player / Generalist / Creative thinker that can get things done from idea to execution.
- Collaborate with key AMCN stakeholders and executives to work towards cross-company priorities.
- Reporting to the Executive Director, The Brand Manager is a highly collaborative self-starter. The role will lead and influence, sometimes without direct ownership.
- Work within a collaborative environment and help refine and improve processes along the way.
- Oversee projects that fall outside traditional department bounds - including multi-department and self- generated projects - while working seamlessly with key stakeholders to ensure successful execution.
- This role will be involved with projects big and small. Everything from original programming, integrated marketing, digital innovation, marketing events, internal culture building, brand partnerships, festival participations, and ideas not yet developed.
- Protect and manage the IFC brand while also exploring new initiatives. Ensure clear, consistent communication and connection across IFC.
- Perpetually explore and develop opportunities that offer potential for non-linear growth
- Promote positive company culture throughout the workplace.
- Help conceptualize, plan, run and manage large meetings, group outings.
- Represent Executive Director / IFC in meetings and discussions
- Work closely with internal and external partners i.e. Improv, Funny or Die, other AMCN networks, TBD brand partner.
- Lend brand POV to consult on consumer and client-facing IFC materials. Including tapes, presentations, press releases, etc.
- Brand Manager will offer guidance and mentorship to IFC Marketing Coordinator, who also reports to the Executive Director
- 5 years related experience.
- Along with a well-rounded understanding of the current media landscape, the Brand Manager has the skills needed to contribute across IFC/AMCN departments – digital, marketing, publicity, original programming, scheduling.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and capable of interacting with all levels of management.
- Highly organized, creative and critical thinker with an affinity for the IFC of it all, accompanied by an innate ability to find clarity in ambiguity.
- Industry awareness. Monitor media activities and competitive happenings; distill, interpret and/or circulate. “know what is going on in the building, the business and the world”
- Analyze qualitative and quantitative data in order to advise on short and long-term strategic planning.
- Construct decks and presentations aka PowerPoint is fun!
- Intuitive ability to lead and/or follow throughout the organization. S/he is a team player that can step into any scenario and contribute.
- Egoless leadership. No task is too big or too small.
- Contagious passion for television, culture (highbrow and low brow), media in many forms, current events, and comedy.
- Effective brand evangelist with a proven ability to develop brand and marketing strategies and gain buy-in.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite, Adobe Suite, Google Tools, CustomShow,
- Great at soliciting input and taking feedback.