The Coordinator of Media Planning is responsible for the preparation and accuracy of daily programming logs for AMC, AMC Canada and AMC nonlinear platforms (VOD/DAI). This includes the scheduling of all promotional elements on the program logs: promos, production wraps, bumpers, branding, and all secondary events (snipes / bugs). Responsible for ongoing competitive analyses and presenting and discussing findings with Media Planning management. In addition, they will maintain the AMC on-air inventory database.
OPERATIONAL ACTIVITIES OF THIS POSITION
- Responsible for scheduling of AMC promotional material, navigation, image spots, p ackaging, and secondary events (snipes / bugs) onto daily program logs.
- Responsible for implementing AMC promotional priorities through the scheduling of daily logs, as well as cross-checking logs of peer coordinators.
- Responsible for scheduling of AMC nonlinear platforms (VOD/DAI).
- Screen all AMC on-air materials for content and accuracy.
- Maintain and update the library of AMC on-air materials.
- Schedule and track AMC added-value materials for Ad Sales and Marketing.
- Maintain records of all AMC as-run logs.
- Ensure AMC schedule changes are reflected in daily logs and communicated to AMCN B&T.
- Responsible for tracking competitive networks and putting together analyses on a regular basis.
- Assist Supervisor of Media Planning in all areas as needed.
1. Management Skills
- Effective communicator as this position operates under specific timelines and interacts with other departments within the company.
- Time and change management skills required.
- Works as part of a team; works well with others.
- Quick to respond to needs/requests.
- Always seeks new, more efficient methods to improve systems and personal performance.
2. Technical/Functional Competencies
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Excellent technical/computer skills to ensure accuracy of information.
- Understands concepts behind a media plan and can apply that knowledge to daily tasks.
- Strong creative instincts as it relates to scheduling.
3. Key Experiences/Achievements
- Bachelor's Degree preferably with film / communications major.
- Background in media planning or program scheduling preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year previous work experience with broadcast/cable network within scheduling and/or traffic (including internships)
- Knowledge of films, competitive networks and social media desired.