The Sales Assistant position is primarily responsible for ensuring the accurate and timely booking of all National and Direct Response campaigns for BBC World News. Working very closely with the National and Direct Response Ad Sales teams in NYC, she/he will liaise with members of the BBC Operations team based in London.
1. Book National and Direct Response media campaigns
2. Optimize bookings of Direct Response to ensure maximum revenue potential
3. Supply ad sales team with a weekly pre-emption report and daily inventory report
4. Pull pre and post log reports for clients upon request
KEY RELATIONSHIPS (Both Internal and External)
1. AMCN Ad Sales: Work effectively alongside the AE’s and Sales Planner to ensure accurate booking of schedules based off of planning specifications from clients.
2. AMCN Commercial Operations: Work closely with Commercial Operations to address any copy or media delivery issues.
3. BBC Operations: Work with BBC Broadcast Operations when last minute changes are needed to pull and or move ad sales units after log has been delivered to the broadcast facility.
4. BBC Finance: Coordinate with BBC Finance for delivery of monthly invoices to ad sales team.
QUALIFICATIONS (Required and Preferred)
1. Management Skills:
a) Work independently, be organized and display solid time management skills
b) Foster teamwork
c) Handle multiple tasks without losing the necessary attention to detail
d) Demonstrate strong math skills along with written and oral communication skills
e) Think strategically and act tactically
2. Technical/Functional Competencies:
a) Possess excellent computer skills including all MS-Office platforms; Excel knowledge required
b) Knowledge of Landmark and/or WideOrbit or any similar ad sales booking system preferred
3. Key Experiences/Achievements
a) 0-3 years progressive experience working in Ad Sales, Traffic, Network Operations and/or Broadcast Operations in a cable/broadcast environment.
b) Knowledge and/or interest in global news is a plus.