Job Advert Template
About the job
AMC Consultants is currently looking for an Administrative Assistant to join our Vancouver office.
You'll be a good fit for this job if you value the input of your peers, you have an insatiable need to stay abreast of industry trends, and you enjoy interacting with colleagues, whether that's across town, or on the other side of the world.
But before you send your resume off to us, we want to be sure that you'll like working with us.
A bit about us
We operate worldwide, with offices in most major mining and financial centres. We have completed more than 8,000 assignments for major mining companies and financial institutions in more than 100 countries on six continents dealing with more than 60 types of commodities. When a client has a problem, chances are we've not only seen it before but have also unearthed a smarter way to solve it.
How we are different
Our unique passion for unearthing a smarter way to mine is one of the things that sets the global AMC team apart. Our people understand both the art and science of mining, and won't avoid the reality of the challenge.
We are mining for the long haul and work hard to help our consultants build a long-term career at AMC. We strive to recruit and retain the best of the best to work alongside some of the most highly regarded technical professionals in the industry.
Work life balance is a priority at AMC, so we encourage flexible working arrangements to ensure you have what you need to help you thrive as part of our team.
AMC is an Equal Opportunities employer that encourages all qualified applicants to apply for their positions. AMC is committed to providing equal opportunities, and a work environment which is inclusive of all employees.
Now a bit more information about the role
Specialist skills required:
* Report formatting and word processing of documents, letters, reports, proposals and other documents.
* Create and manage paper and electronic files.
* Assist in creating, sending and retrieving project engagement letters and purchase orders.
* Assist with reception duties.
* Assist with adding, editing, and managing information within databases.
* General administration, e.g. binding, collation of reports and filing.
* Make travel arrangements.
* Order stationery and marketing material.
* Other duties may be assigned as directed by the Office Manager and / or General Manager.
* Previous experience in a similar position.
* Strong problem-solving skills.
* Client and team focused.
* Sound computer software skills (MS Office as well as other databases).
* Excellent command of the English language.
* Strong time management skills.
* High attention to detail.
* Outstanding interpersonal skills.
The salary package offered for this position will be commensurate with the skills and experience of the successful candidate.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for the role please click "apply now". Please only apply if you have the right to work and live in the country where the role is located. You will receive an email within 24 hrs confirming receipt of your resume.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Not ready to apply just yet, or not quite the right role?
We'd still love you to follow our company page on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter and subscribe to our newsletter to stay up to date on all things AMC!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent