Amazon is seeking bright, motivated, hardworking individuals to fill full time Warehouse Associate positions at our fulfillment centre in Tsawwassen First Nation, BC. The ideal candidate possesses a strong work ethic, attention to detail, the ability to meet deadlines, and a commitment to customer service as it relates to product fulfillment.
Fulfillment Associates will hired for days or nights shifts. They may be required to receive products using radio frequency scanners and relocate products using powered-equipment (i.e. forklifts, pallet jacks, cherry pickers, and walkie-riders). They also may be required to pick customer orders on all levels of a multi-level mezzanine, sort, pack and ship customer orders, and troubleshoot problems to resolution. Fulfillment Associates are expected to understand aspects of production; adhere to strict safety, quality, and production standards.
• Work with and/or around moving mechanical parts
• Noise level varies and can be loud
• Temperature in the fulfillment centre may vary between 15 and 32 degrees, and will occasionally exceed 32 degrees
• Very fast-paced environment
• Now hiring for day shifts or night shifts!
Additional Job Elements
• Demonstrates positive work attitude and leadership skills
• Demonstrates excellent job performance in productivity, quality, safety, and attendance
• Demonstrates a commitment to a culture of safety
• Must be at least 18 years old
• Must have a High School diploma or equivalent
• Must be willing and able to work all shifts
• Must be willing and able to work overtime as required
• Must be able to read and take direction in English
• Must be able to lift up to 49 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation
• Must be able to stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours
• Must be willing and able to frequently push, pull, squat, bend, and reach
• Must be able to continuously climb and descend stairs safely (applies to sites with stairs)
• Must be able to work on a secure mezzanine at a height of up to 40 feet (applies to buildings with mezzanines)
• Must be willing and able to work on powered equipment-for example forklift or cherry picker
• Computer experience
• Excellent communication skills
• Thinks outside of the box; searches for innovative solutions
Up to $19.00/hour + $1,500 sign on bonus
Take advantage of the free shuttle service from Scott Road Station, Surrey and now also from Bridgeport Station, Richmond to Amazon site YVR4 Tsawwassen First Nation. Shuttles will be available to suit all shift times – apply now or attend a hiring event to find out more Amazon is committed to launching additional transit solutions such as carpool/rideshare options and is working with local authorities with the goal of improving public transit service in the area.
Successful candidates will be required to pass a criminal and education background check. Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with all applicable local, provincial and federal laws.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer