We have an exciting opportunity available for a Startup Business Development Manager to join our web services team and help get, grow, and keep the top startups in the world on AWS. This will be done in collaboration with business development and field sales counterparts to identify, accelerate, and win sales and business development opportunities with top startup customers and prospects. If you have a passion for technology and the ability to get people excited about your company, especially within the fast paced, energetic startup ecosystem, then this is the role for you. The responsibilities for this hybrid sales/business development role include territory strategy creation, direct sales and account management engagement with startup customers to assist with service adoption and cost/architecture optimization needs, and execution of business development activities designed to help AWS's startup customers grow their own businesses.
- Sales-oriented Responsibilities:
1. Serve as an Account Manager to high potential early-stage startup customers affiliated with AWS's top Accelerator, Incubator, and Venture Capital partners.
2. Serve as an escalation point for field sales teams managing startup customers requiring white glove support.
3. Identify high potential startups running on competing platforms, develop and execute on migration strategies in partnership with field sales teams.
4. Advise field sales teams on startup market trends and strategies to win/accelerate opportunities with startup customers.
Business Development-oriented Responsibilities:
1. Ensure all high potential startups have full awareness of and access to the resources Startup Business Development, AWS, and Amazon offer (people, programs, credits).
2. Identify and engage top startups in Go-To-Market and other partnership-oriented opportunities.
3. Increase AWS affinity and drive AWS adoption via engagement in one-to-many startup/founder ecosystem events in the field (AWS-led and 3rd-party, large-scale and intimate).
- Prior experience working in a similar role and working environment
- Previous cloud sales/knowledge, understanding of the lifecycle and needs of startups
- Prior experience helping advance customers' business objectives beyond just selling them products or services.
- Strong professional writing skills.
- An interest in technology and the startup ecosystem
- Excellent sales, presentation and communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly, be creative and take initiative
- Self-reliant, adaptable, decisive, and professional
- Able to function in a team environment
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills and able to professionally interact with customers
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.