- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
- 10+ years of relevant engineering experience
- 5+ years people management experience
- 5+ Years of experience with OOD and object oriented languages
Amazon GuardDuty is a customer facing threat detection service that was built to protect applications and services running in AWS. The service processes trillions of events and applies advanced analytics and machine learning to detect threats. If you are interested in learning about operating a service at massive scale and working alongside world class engineers, then this role is for you.
The Amazon GuardDuty team is looking for a strong software engineer to help build the future of the service. The team interacts with Math PhD's and security researchers to codify security analytics into the service. The researchers use various Machine/Deep Learning algorithms to build new detections for the service. We are innovating new ways of building massively scalable and globally distributed security systems for assisting our customers with security and compliance.
We are seeking a Software Development Engineer with a strong knowledge of distributed systems to develop a new and innovative security service. This position is on a new team that you will be joining at its inception and it will have a startup feel. You must enjoy working on complex software systems in a customer-centric environment and be passionate not only about building good software but also ensuring that the same software achieves its goals in operational reality.
- Project Management skills/experience
- Experience leading large-scale software projects.
- Experience running high-availability systems with an emphasis on operational excellence.
- Deep technical knowledge of software development, large-scale data technologies, distributed computing, and AWS products.
- Excellent communication and data presentation skills that allow you to clearly, compellingly, and effectively influence audiences internally and externally, across organization boundaries
- Able to operate autonomously, making the right judgment calls on approach, priorities, and solutions
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
- Effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities.
- Ability to grow and develop your organization through successful hiring and coaching.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.