- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 7+ years of commercial software development experience
- Experience in a senior software development or tech lead role
- Design and architecture experience, as well as sound knowledge of object-oriented design patterns
- Experience building and operating mission critical cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance, and reliability
- Ability to communicate complex, technical details to non-technical stakeholders verbally and in writing
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with fluctuating priorities and deadlines
- Interest and desire to learn new skills and do things never done before
- Ability to solve difficult and highly ambiguous software problems
Are you interested in building a new machine learning web service, leading some of the most talented machine learning scientists and software engineers at AWS? Want to make a multi-million-dollar impact to our customers’ bottom line and disrupt the status quo? We are seeking an exceptional Senior SDE to serve as the technical lead in the development of a brand new service.
In this senior role, you will serve as the technical lead on our most demanding projects, working closely with senior leadership of AWS. You will be responsible for driving the team’s long-term vision and architecture, drive/shape roadmaps, and provide technical leadership to the engineering team. You will own major deliverables end-to-end and influence the design and development of the core software of a new product.
The ideal candidate will have extensive design and architecture experience, knowledge of modern web technologies, and a proven track record of building mission critical, highly scalable systems. In addition to strong technical knowledge, you will be someone who thrives in a fast paced start up-like environment, and passionate about solving ambiguous, challenging problems that have not been solved before. Applied machine learning experience is plus but not a must: you will get opportunity to learn this as part of the role.
- Graduate (Ms or PHD) in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with data mining, machine learning or predictive modeling systems
- Experience with payment processing, risk, and anti-fraud systems
- Experience with Hadoop, MapReduce, Spark or other big data processing systems
- Demonstrated capability to provide depth and breadth technical leadership to agile teams
- A deep understanding of cross-functional multiple-team based software development
- A strong business and technical vision with the ability to translate these in business and technical approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions