- Minimum 7 years of leading a divisional Sales Operations function or similar responsibilities supporting a mid-to-large scale multi-geographical hi-tech Sales Organization
- Experience in multiple organizational functions such as compensation, forecasting, organizational development, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to define, refine and implement sales processes, procedures and policies
- Ability to conduct sophisticated and creative analysis of complex data and translate the results into actionable deliverables, messages, and presentations
- Financial, analytical and communication skills.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office Suite required, advanced Excel skills
- Cross group collaboration skills.
- Bachelor's degree is required
For more than 11 years, Amazon Web Services ("AWS") has been the world's most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform. AWS offers over 100 fully featured services to millions of active customers around the world--including the fastest-growing startups, largest enterprises, and leading government agencies--to power their infrastructure. The Global Accounts Sales Strategy & Operations (SSO) is a diverse team that supports the Sales, Inside Sales, Solution Architects, Solution Delivery Managers, and Business Development teams across the world. We enable AWS teams to better serve our Global 200 customers in their journey to the cloud.
We are seeking an experienced Sales Strategy & Operations Lead to partner with the Head of the Global Accounts Sales Strategy & Operations to assist in defining, landing and executing on our key strategic priorities. The ideal candidate earns trust through outstanding performance, has strong strategic planning and financial acumen, has creative ideas for sales engagement for large and complex customers and a deep analytic background, and has led a team in defining, landing and executing on strategic planning. The ideal candidate has broad technical skills, strong financial acumen and a deep analytic background to develop and assist the AWS Global Accounts sales team in creating efficiency, assessing performance and reporting & delivering results.
This position will be responsible for managing the rhythm of the business activities such as Monthly Business Reviews, Quarterly Business Reviews, Annual Planning, forecasting and other cadenced reporting and metrics. The position will assist the Sales Managers in evaluating and forecasting attainment against quotas, utilizing ERP, CRM and BI tools to derive well-vetted analysis, and other ad-hoc requests and analysis as needed. This position will also assist Account executives to build multiyear strategic plans for their customers.
This individual will collaborate effectively with internal end-users and cross-functional teams to solve problems, implement new reporting solutions, and deliver successfully against high standards. A successful individual is a person that has a proven work ethic that drives the desired results, and has experience in sales or sales operations. This is a hands-on position - the ideal candidate must be willing to "roll up the sleeves".
This position will work with the several stakeholders supporting the extended AWS Global Accounts Sales organization, such as Business Development, Marketing, Professional Services, Training & Certification and the Partner team. The individual must have the ability to communicate effectively across multiple technical and non-technical business units, as well as across other geographies.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Define the key sales support systems/processes required to meet the rapid growth of the business and achieve revenue attainment and market development objectives.
- Manage the development of continuously-evolving forecast models and methodologies, owning the quantitative analysis of the performance of our sales team, customers, prospects, partners, markets, and products/services.
- Manage the monthly cadenced business reporting for the business segment.
- Develop relationships and processes with sales, partner, finance, HR, sales operations, and other stakeholders to identify and address reporting issues.
- Assist Sales Managers in all aspects of evaluating their teams' performance
- Ensure accurate and timely sales commission calculations and payments
- Identify reporting issues, gaps in processes, and drive timely resolution.
- Prepare ad hoc analysis & participate on projects as needed.
This position is available in Seattle, Palo Alto, and New York City.