- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required.
- 4+ years in large-scale operations project management.
- Experience managing successful program implementations.
- Demonstrates ability to plan, organize and manage all phases of a project lifecycle to ensure successful delivery. Also includes ownership and responsibility to manage issues, risks, decisions and the overall success of a project.
Amazon is seeking an experienced project manager to support the growth of our AWS Partner Strategic Initiatives team. Project Managers leverage their management and leadership capabilities to identify and manage risks, resolve issues and escalate where appropriate to drive projects to successful completion. This person will play an active role in developing business cases, analyzing project goals, creating implementation plans, and then driving AWS team members, stakeholders, SMEs and third parties to achieve those goals.
As an effective project manager you will collect data from multiple sources - including client, partner and AWS internal teams - and compile it into a digestible and actionable format. You will track key performance indicators to help support the future state of each project and ensure sustainability. You will communicate project status updates to stakeholders and business leaders. The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a fast-paced, multi-tasked, high energy environment. They will be a creative and analytical problem solver with a passion for delivering results
- Perform customer/partner needs and task analysis, scope projects, and evaluate existing processes to support the expansion of virtual operations in multiple global locations
- Conducts stakeholder and SME interviews to determine, recommend and document project needs and resource requirements
- Manage Playbook updates and reporting of task and milestone completions
- Collaborate with internal partners to build input-focused project plans for achievement of key measures
- Develop and manage project governance plans (e.g., QBRs, EBCs), project schedules, team goals and success criteria, and project milestones