Would you like to help our customers innovate and deliver breakthrough experiences for their end customers? Would you like to pioneer the use of cloud services as a means to help drive innovation? Would you like to enable some of the largest enterprises in the world transform how they design, develop, and launch new products? Have you been a part of an early stage organization and taken products from ideas on paper with no resources to in market products with bar raising teams behind them?
At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we're hiring Innovation Advisory consultants to work alongside our customers, enabling them to be more agile, experimental and customer-centric. As a member of this team, you will lead engagements that help customers adopt aspects of Amazon’s innovation mechanisms by taking customers through an experiential process of identifying a customer-centric challenge or opportunity, developing hypotheses about market fit, testing these through experimentation and launching a net-new scaled deployment.
As a Principal, Innovation Advisory consultant you think strategically and analytically about our customer's business and technical challenges, and form innovative ideas to solve these challenges. You have keen sense of ownership, drive, and entrepreneurship, and, most importantly, you know how to earn trust, think big, and work cross-organizationally to deliver results. You have a passion to lead from the front and influence others to follow with data and customer advocacy.
The right candidate will have experience executing innovation programs and leading experiments to build customer confidence in doing things in new ways. This includes a proven track record of leading and driving multiple projects to meet customer business objectives, excellent project management skills, a customer-obsessed and collaborative approach, strong data and metrics bias, a good understanding of cloud solutions, and a passion for helping customers transform using cloud technologies.
- Develop C-suite and line-of-business relationships with leading innovators within customer organization
- Represent AWS best-practices around innovation, product management, software engineering, data and analytics, and other platform capabilities to work
- Define, guide and implement innovation programs – governance, portfolio mix and business fit.
- Actively lead customers through designing and running experiments.
- Build value propositions / business cases
- Help develop and improve our execution model based on engagement experience
- Participate in pre-sales customer visits to understand customer requirements
- Develop, propose, deliver and lead innovation offerings and engagements
This is a customer facing role. You be required to travel to client locations to deliver professional services when needed.
- 10+ years of product management, product marketing, and/or strategic management consulting experience in an enterprise technology company, demonstrating experience with go-to-market strategy development and execution
- Proven experience taking a product from an initial idea to launch
- Operational excellence mind-set and experience. Data driven. Excellent problem-solving skills. Adept at simplifying complexity and developing scalable propositions
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results. Ability to effectively lead and work with a variety of organizations, management levels, cultures, and personalities
- Published thought leadership in digital transformation and innovation domains
- Experience in public cloud computing or with a major enterprise software or infrastructure provider
- Hands on experience leading large-scale digital or lean transformation projects
- Good working knowledge of AWS Services – especially higher level services that are the focus of customer innovation (AI/ML, IoT, etc.)
- Practical experience using the AWS platform for rapid application development and scaling
- Demonstrated industry leadership in the areas of lean enterprise, digital innovation, digital strategy and/or product development
- MBA or equivalent
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/ Age
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.