- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of overall software development experience in both front end and back end technologies
- Experience building MVC based web applications
- Experience with client side MVC frameworks like React, AngularJS, Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design ,data structures
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, C++, C or Perl.
- Good communication skills
- Experience as a member of a UI design team participating in the complete product development lifecycle of successfully launched applications
- Experience building rich data-driven web applications
- Experience with Node.js and the NPM package ecosystem
- Micro service architecture experience
- Write high-quality, efficient, testable code in Java and other object-oriented languages.
- Design Amazon scale tools to facilitate internal business.
- Build highly available, secure,
- Collaborate with some of the best engineers in the industry.
- Mentor other developers.
- Find out what it takes to engineer systems for "Amazon Scale".
- Own and operate the systems that you build based on real-time customer data and demanding service-level agreements.
- Contribute to planning, design, implementation, testing, operations, and process improvement as a member of a Scrum team.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for talented software engineers who have a passion for Big Data and distributed systems at trillions of transactions scale to help build the next generation of AWS internal services. Our applications are responsible for processing 270 million events per second and 20 terabytes of data per hour. As a foundational system we must scale with the growth of cloud computing at Amazon. The AWSBilling team is responsible for Metering Usage and Generating Monthly Charges. These include but are not limited to enabling: AWS product pricing, AWS product subscriptions, AWS product discount programs, customer credit management, storing AWS product usage, computing the bill, the estimated bill, computing tax, and storing bills and line items for external customer consumption.
As a Software Developer, you have the opportunity to lead the paradigm shift in streaming Big Data by building applications on top of cutting-edge AWS technologies such as Kinesis, EMR, DynamoDB, Redshift, Aurora, and many more. Additionally, you can build meaningful software that can radically change how AWS wins our largest customers over to the Cloud. And finally, as an Amazon engineer, you get to own the full lifecycle of your systems, work on challenging problems at "Amazon Scale", and collaborate with some of the best in the business.
If all of this sounds exciting to you, then please come join us and help shape the future of the Cloud!
- Strong full stack skills (Java, Web services, React, AngularJS, CSS, and etc); you will be able to discuss in depth both the design and your significant contributions to one or more projects
- Strong customer focus, ownership, ability to dive deep into customer requirements, navigate through ambiguity and undefined problems.
- Experience building customer facing UI and visualization tools.
- Experience in end to end performance tuning.
- Experience in Selenium or other similar UI testing tools.
- Strong communications skills; you will be required to proactively engage fellow Amazonians both inside and outside of your team
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment