Amazon Web Services is seeking an Executive Assistant / Program Manager for a new technical initiative being set up in Pasadena, CA. The right candidate will be a self-starter who possesses a strong attention to detail, the ability to anticipate and address problems, efficient organizational skills, strong multitasking abilities. This role requires the ability to complete complex tasks and projects quickly with little to no guidance, react with appropriate urgency to situations that require a quick turnaround, and take effective action without having to know the total picture.
The candidate must have a proven track record of providing remarkable support, as well as experience in managing programs across a distributed organization. The successful candidate will need to understand business priorities, demonstrate the ability to proactively anticipate needs, and drive improvements to build capacity for the leadership team.
- Effectively and proactively support site leaders with activities including calendar management, travel, and expense reimbursement
- Event coordination - this includes partnering with technical teams to set up and support All Hands meetings, Tech Talks, Customer Connection Panels, and team building events.
- Tracking and managing programs such as headcount, expansion planning, recruiting and requisition efforts, goal tracking, university hiring and interns, and other ad hoc project work
- Owning space planning, working with Global Real Estate and Facilities, and coordinating team moves
- Development of effective processes and programs to ensure comprehensive asset management oversight and accountability
- In close coordination with the technical team maintain administrative contact with vendors; review and analyze product searches for cost/benefit options; may forecast and plan for future equipment/resource needs; administrative point of contact on equipment service contracts
- Assisting with organizing and executing team activities (staff meeting agendas, all hands meetings, off sites, and team social events)
- Attending key team meetings, tracking and helping drive completion of key deliverables and following up on outstanding items