5+ years of pre-sales solution engineering, solution architecture or business development experience
5+ Years of technical experience in Cloud Computing concepts in general and/or AWS specific technologies, platforms and solutions
We are open to multiple corporate office locations for this role to be based in:
Are you comfortable making decisions that analyze market data, product features and business terms to develop recommendations that represent a win-win for all parties? Can you take complex scenarios and simplify them down to the essentials, crafting an elegant approach that drives sales engagement that results in revenue growth?
As a Business Development Representative focused on Cloud Intelligence within Amazon Web Services (AWS), you will have the exciting opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy for using market intelligence and insights to programmatically scale AWS’s cloud computing business.
Your responsibilities will include working directly with customers and partners supporting the AWS Sales, Marketing, BD and Product teams to help win competitive sales engagements. You will serve as an expert resource on knowledge of cloud, IT applications and infrastructures. Working with our customers and field teams to understand the benefits of migrating to AWS. When necessary, you will bring in other AWS resources to help our customers properly evaluate their options.
The ideal candidate will possess a business and technical background that enables them to drive and support engagements with customers ranging from startups to enterprises and communicate with senior management within those organizations.
You should also have detailed knowledge and a strong technical understanding of cloud concepts and vendors.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Serve as a key member of the Business Development team in helping to drive AWS Sales engagements with our customers and partners.
- Work with AWS Sales teams to handle customer questions or concerns about AWS, as compared to our competitors
- Serve as a central resource for the Sales team to help us educate our customers on the benefits around the detailed decisions in selection of AWS as their cloud technology
- Work closely with the sales team to drive closure on our highest priority opportunities in the pipeline.
- Work with AWS Sales, BD and Marketing teams to drive proactive competitive intelligence conversations and sales messaging with our customers
- Learn and understand the business and technical requirements of our customers and partners and determine how their needs can best be met by AWS.
- Create a repository of Cloud Intelligence cases studies and conversations to share findings with all parts of AWS
- Serve as a key source of market insights into how our customers view the benefits of using AWS relative to the broader Cloud Computing market
- Handle a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of the cloud computing market
- Work within SFDC or other tools to enable Sales Cycle Acceleration
Demonstrated experience developing enterprise application architectures to meet business requirements in complex environments
5+ years in customer-facing roles
Multiple cloud technical platform certifications.
Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as leadership skills.
Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
This position must be located at one of our U.S. AWS Corp. offices with a preference for NY.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.