Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the pioneer and recognized leader in Cloud Computing. Our web services provide a platform for IT infrastructure in-the-cloud that is used by hundreds of thousands of developers and businesses around the world. These customers range from start-ups to leading web companies to Global 2000 companies in financial services, pharmaceuticals, and technology. AWS customers are looking for ways to change their business models and solve complex business challenges in the cloud and AWS is leading the way in providing customers with a powerful compute platform. An important part of our EC2 platform service offering is our Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) and PrivateLink offering.
Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (Amazon VPC) lets you provision a logically isolated section of the AWS Cloud where you can launch AWS resources in a virtual network that you define. You have complete control over your virtual networking environment, including selection of your own IP address range, creation of subnets, and configuration of route tables and network gateways.
PrivateLink is a new service that allows customers to privately access select AWS services from their Virtual Private Cloud and from on-premises via AWS Direct Connect. We are now extending this capability to customer and partner services hosted on AWS. With AWS PrivateLink, you can now make services available to other accounts and Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) networks that are accessed securely as private endpoints. Clients connect to these private endpoints in the normal manner, while on the service side, AWS PrivateLink works in combination with a Network Load Balancer to route traffic to your instances, containers, or IP targets and allows you to identify the origin of incoming connections. You can also choose to offer AWS PrivateLink services for subscription in the AWS Marketplace, and always terminate private connectivity from a specific endpoint at any time.
AWS is seeking a Business Development Manager (BDM) to support our EC2 Networking business. The BDM will be responsible for defining, building and deploying effective and targeted programs to accelerate broad based sales and business development activities for VPC and PrivateLink workloads on AWS. The BDM will facilitate the enablement of business development, sales and solution architecture with specific customer centric value propositions and will directly interface with the EC2 Networking product management and development teams regarding customer and partner requirements for VPC, PrivateLink and other affiliated workloads. The BDM will work closely with AWS business development, sales, marketing and partner teams to position the AWS EC2 Networking platform for customers and partners, and provide guidance on the value proposition and benefit those customers and partners can achieve with our services, platforms, frameworks and infrastructure.
In addition, the BDM will define and drive a process that the organization will follow to accelerate sales and partner-management engagement. The BDM will synthesize data and information gathered from these engagements into succinct findings, derive strategic insights, and persuasively communicate findings and perspectives to product and sales teams, including senior management.
The BDM will work with business development, sales and solution architect teams to track, prioritize and close customer engagements that would benefit from running on AWS EC2 Networking instances, and collaborate and coordinate cross-functional teams around these engagements where appropriate.
The ideal candidate will possess a business and IT background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the highest levels of large Enterprises and Enterprise partners. The candidate will have the technical depth and business experience to easily communicate the benefits of machine learning and deep learning services, platforms and frameworks in the AWS cloud to IT architects, engineering teams, and C-Level executives. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and long-term about the needs of complex global businesses. The ideal candidate will also be deeply familiar with complex legacy IT environments, managed enterprise IT infrastructure services, Enterprise applications, and has done market analysis, deal negotiation and construction, business operations, and has a background that enables them to create scalable programs that apply holistic approaches to selling to Enterprises and Enterprise Partners.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Defines, builds and deploys enterprise focused sales and business development campaigns around the AWS VPC and PrivateLink offerings;
- Engages, supports and scales business development and sales teams across AWS to be capable of delivering the AWS VPC and PrivateLink value proposition to enterprise customers and partners;
- Engages and drives scale at engaging enterprise customers and partners about the AWS VPC and PrivateLink proposition;
- Exhibits proactive ability and expertise in setting customer discussions via AWS sales and partner teams;
- Exhibits cloud managed services, VPC / PrivateLink / Compute Networking expertise and experienced handling and scaling sales campaigns with enterprises and enterprise partners;
- Exhibits expertise and drives field and partner readiness for enterprise customers;
- Engages in senior level customer meetings to discuss customer’s business issues and explores how the AWS GPU platform can help address and resolve these issues;
- Serves as an evangelist for the AWS VPC and PrivateLink platform within AWS, and externally;
- Develops a standard market intelligence framework and dynamic analytic model to be utilized by the AWS Sales, Business Development and marketing teams;
- Bring the various stakeholders together to help build collective mindshare in augmenting the AWS VPC and PrivateLink platforms;
- Establish ways to measure and track metrics related to adoption of the AWS VPC and PrivateLink platform, and to make improvements to the approach based on those measurements;
- Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and metrics.