Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the pioneer and recognized leader in Cloud Computing. Our web services provide a platform for IT infrastructure in-the-cloud that is used by hundreds of thousands of developers and businesses around the world. These customers range from start-ups to leading web companies to Global 500 companies in financial services, pharmaceuticals, and technology. As a part of AWS, Amazon EC2 enables customers of all sizes to run their applications on our industry leading cloud infrastructure. EC2 redefines the economics and physics of computing, reducing the time to build a datacenter to minutes. Customers use EC2 to rapidly scale capacity up and down as their computing requirements change.
Amazon EC2 offers different pricing models to customers to help optimize their EC2 spend as their applications scale up and down. One of the pricing models, Amazon EC2 Spot Instances, allows users to take advantage of EC2's spare capacity at discounts of up to 90% of the On Demand model with the caveat that AWS may reclaim Spot Instances when needed by customers who are willing to pay the On Demand price. We are looking for a Sr. Business Development Manager to help define and execute how customers adopt Spot in EC2 Autoscaling so that they cost-optimize effectively.
You would use your business savvy to drive revenue, develop sales programs, and identify new opportunities with a specific focus on helping the AI/ML audience take advantage of EC2 Spot. You will work directly with the most interesting and demanding customers – from the world’s hottest startups to the largest enterprises – to understand their requirements and turn them into reality.
Working hand in hand with our product team, sales teams, and solution architects, you will help customers leverage the scale of EC2 cost-effectively using EC2 Spot Instances. Your background in cloud-friendly, scalable architectures will help customers understand how to scale their infrastructure on the cloud. Your excellent verbal and written communication skills will allow you build sales enablement tools, evangelize our platform with our enterprise customers, start-ups and valued partners.
The ideal candidate will possess both a business background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the CxO/VP level, as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact with AI/ML engineers who want to drive down costs or speed up jobs. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and Bias for Action is a must.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Work closely with AI/ML teams inside AWS customers to ensure they are successful using our web services, especially EC2 Spot, and that they have the technical resources required.
- Serve as a key member of the AWS Platform Business Development team focused on helping to drive overall AWS market and technical strategy.
- Help define and prioritize the AI/ML market segments and workloads for EC2 Spot, including addressing audiences like Data Engineers, Data Architects, and Data Scientists.
- Set a strategic business development plan for AI/ML and EC2 Spot and ensure it is in line with the AWS strategic direction.
- Work yourself out of a job by training the sales and technical field on how to identify and execute on EC2 Spot opportunities within AI/ML audiences.
- Fill the business development pipeline by engaging with prospects, partners, and key customers.
- Understand the technical requirements of our customers and work closely with the internal development teams to guide the direction of our product offerings for AI/ML.
- Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to closing new customers.
- Manage complex contract negotiations and liaison with the legal group.
- Develop long-term strategic partnerships in support of our key markets.
- Handle a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of the cloud computing market.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are a must, as well as leadership skills. Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations is a key.
- The right person will help identify use cases and market segments and develop a go-to-market strategy to drive growth. This person will be technical and analytical, and possess significant business development, enterprise sales, or program/product management experience.Experience selling to and/or working with Fortune 1000 and/or Global 2000 organizations
- Experience with cloud computing and or related fields (IT, software, etc)
- Strong analytical skills, and demonstrated ability to turn detailed data analysis into useful strategic insight in order to drive customer adoption and make appropriate recommendations to the business
- MBA or equivalent relevant business experience
- Solid negotiation skills, and business and financial acumen
- Experience with, and detailed knowledge of the support market and insights related to cloud computing and IT
This position must be located at one of our U.S. AWS Corp. offices with a preference for San Francisco, CA.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.