- 10+ years of experience as a writer, editor, and content strategist in a data-centric environment
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business, communications, or relevant field of study
- Experience visual story-telling ability
- Ability to leverage BI tools
- Ability to influence and advance projects in a cross-functional, matrixed environment
- Must be able to present examples of prior work
- Exceptional writing skills and proven ability to communicate through written word, video, and design
- In-depth story, article, script, and whitepaper-level writing experience, with proven ability to disseminate complex ideas and topics into easy-to-understand content
- Experience planning and managing content projects, including coordinating with other stakeholder teams and outcome owners
- Experience working at a large-scale complex organization, with experience partnering with global teams
- Experience creating compelling content for startup ecosystems
- Deep knowledge of startup ecosystems and needs
Are you passionate about startups? Does helping startups succeed excite you? Would you like to be part of a global, cross-functional team focused on engaging with leaders and influencers in the startup space?
The AWS Startup Marketing team is looking for a storyteller who can think critically about innovative new ways to help early-stage founders succeed. This person will own the creation of a comprehensive set of content to help onboard startups to AWS and provide them with the case examples, workshop materials, technical recommendations and business-building tips that will give our customers insights to reaching the next stage of their growth. In addition to working directly with our customers, this person will work in deep collaboration with the Startup and Technical Evangelists, Solution Architects, and executives across AWS and Amazon to create compelling content for early-stage founders.
- Serve as the single-threaded owner in developing a comprehensive set of content resources for early-stage founders to onboard and grow with AWS
- Develop and execute best-in-class scalable global content strategy and plans for helping early-stage founders succeed
- Own, write for, edit, and manage various AWS startup content formats and channels, which may include web pages, newsletters, blog, Twitter handle, videos, and AWS Loft and startup event programming.
- Develop, launch, and curate data-driven, startup-focused content, with a focus on developing both technical and non-technical editorial resources, and conceive/create new content types that speak to startups.
- Develop and curate startup customer videos and video library
- Test and learn, iterate, and adapt content and content channels to help maintain fresh compelling stories, tools, data, and videos
- Partner with our internal AWS startup and technical evangelists, solutions architects, business development managers, product marketing managers, internal and external collaborators to produce industry-leading technical and non-technical startup content
- Deliver metrics weekly with in-depth assessment and actionable recommendations
- Write startup marketing outbound campaigns designed to promote awareness of our content and drive traffic to it