Amazon Web Services (AWS) Training and Certification Team is looking for developers, technical trainers, or technical instructional designers with expertise in building e-learning training assets who want be a part of building exciting new courses on AWS as a Technical Curriculum Developer.
Customers are rapidly adopting Amazon Web Services (AWS) as a way to build scalable and cost-effective web and IT solutions for their businesses. To do that effectively, they need training, and not just a couple of PowerPoint slides and a long lecture. AWS is developing highly technical courses with extensive hands-on labs (ILT), e-learning courses that can be accessed 24x7, and self-paced labs that get customers deep into AWS technologies.
This position will be responsible for designing, deploying, and measuring the impact of our scalable learning solutions with a focus on building e-learning digital training assets. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to own learning solutions from end-to-end and will have a hands-on role deploying learning solutions, engaging stakeholders, and building scalable learning solutions.
The qualified candidate will have excellent writing skills, a healthy technical knowledge of IT domains, and the ability to translate technical content into easy-to-understand training. Above all, you will have a passion for learning.
Additionally an ideal candidate will possess experience with:
- Game theory in the training space, how to build rational decision trees while creating a great training experience
- Gamification skills that can be adopted in the learner’s training experience that create more engaging training assets
- Ability to support gametech infrastructure back end servers
- Ability to create leaderboards to help increase player’s level of engagement in gametech
- Ml/AI in a training space
- Assess, design, develop, and implement innovative scalable learning solutions that meet strategic business initiatives.
- Creatively use instructional design, learning theories, existing content, and appropriate technologies to engage learners.
- Develop interactive e-learning solutions; present them in contextually accurate scenarios to increase knowledge transfer
- Build relationships with AWS service teams to understand roadmaps and plan for content updates or new training offerings
- Collaborate with multiple functional groups to develop training content that educates customers on the full portfolio of AWS services.
- Partner with a diverse group of stakeholders and subject matter experts to understand employee and customer training needs and validate effectiveness of solutions.
- Respond to changes in products/features by revising content at the pace of innovation.
- Manage projects and processes in an environment requiring strong multi-tasking abilities using excellent project/program management and organization skills.
This position can be Virtual, but candidates must be based near an AWS office location (Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, Denver, Boston, Austin, Dallas, Herndon (VA), Chicago or Atlanta.) Strongly prefer candidate to sit in Portland, OR.
5+ years of experience or knowledge of architecting, deploying and operating internet scale applications.
Knowledge and/or hands-on experience with AWS infrastructure services highly desired.
Professional experience architecting systems built with Amazon Web Services.
Current AWS Certification (Solutions Architect, SysOps Administrator, Developer)
Domain expertise in one or more of the following: gaming, video, big data, DevOps, security, systems administration, software development or cloud technology.
A demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly.
Experience working with learning management system and program management.
A demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with multiple teams and stakeholders.
Game theory in the training space, how to build rational decision trees while creating a great training experience
Gamification skills that can be adopted in the learner’s training experience that create more engaging training assets
Ability to support gametech infrastructure back end servers
Ability to create leaderboards to help increase player’s level of engagement in gametech
Ml/AI in a training space
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.