- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, or a related discipline
- 2+ years' work experience with in Marketing, Corporate Communications, or PR for a high-growth, technology company.
- Experience writing copy for a variety of communication channels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The AWS Sales Strategy, Operations, & Enablement (SSOE) organization is seeking a Communications Specialist to help develop and manage internal employee communications for major organizational initiatives.
As a member of the SSOE Content & Communications team, you will assist the senior communication leaders in writing internal organizational communications about key business initiatives, AWS services, sales programs and methodologies, and business processes. This will entail gathering information from program owners and distilling it into clear, concise communications. You will also be responsible for the operations of our communication programs, helping to ensure that we're communicating with our field employees in an efficient and secure manner. In addition to these core responsibilities, you will also have plenty of opportunities to get involved in other team projects.
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated team player who is eager to learn about our business and how effective communications contribute to business outcomes. You're an excellent writer and an effective verbal communicator with stakeholders across different levels, roles, and styles. You're also a skilled project manager who can balance multiple projects and tight deadlines with grace and efficiency.
- Write copy for a variety of communications channels including email, digital, newsletters, videos, and presentations.
- Manage an internal communications editorial calendar; partner with our extended communications team in the different geographies to ensure alignment with our corporate communications initiatives.
- Manage organizational email distribution lists, and develop a list strategy that ensures we're delivering the right message to the right audience.
- Track and report communications metrics to internal stakeholders and make recommendations on ways to improve our communications initiatives.
- Proactively identify communication opportunities to keep employees informed.
- Assist with special communications projects and other high-profile organizational initiatives.