- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience, in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
- Programming in one or more object-oriented languages like Java/Python/C#/Ruby/Objective C/C++.
- Strong communication skills. This is a customer facing role and you will be frequently interacting with clients.
- Ability to travel to client locations to deliver professional services when needed.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for motivated technologists who possess a unique balance of technical depth, business knowledge, and strong interpersonal skills. You will partner with customers and several AWS teams to craft highly scalable, flexible and resilient cloud architectures that address customer business problems. As a trusted customer advocate, you will help organizations understand best practices around cloud-based solutions, and how to migrate existing workloads to the cloud. You will have the opportunity to help shape and execute a strategy to build mindshare and broad use of AWS within organizations.
Here are some of the qualities we are searching for:
- Be great fun to work with. At AWS, we have a credo of "Work hard. Have fun. Make history". In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact.
- An affinity for the new and unknown. We are always experimenting with innovative technologies including cloud computing, Machine Learning, and Internet of Things.
- Enjoy working with customers of all shapes and sizes. You will have a passion for educating, training, designing, and building solutions for a diverse and challenging set of customers ranging from small businesses to large enterprises.
The Associate Cloud Developer is a one-year program. At the end of the program you will choose a track suited to your strengths and preference. These tracks include:
DevOps Specialist - A leader in building advanced computing systems that harness continuous integration/continuous deployment pipelines and utilize the strengths of cloud computing to build scalable and economical systems for clients.
Cloud Infrastructure Architect - An expert in cloud-based networking and system rollouts. CIAs specialize in network performance, infrastructure provisioning, and building Application Programming Interfaces (APIs)
Application Developer - AppDev resources are specialists in designing applications that run natively in the cloud. They are experts in building programs that run on any number of platforms including virtualized instances, containers, or serverless architecture.