The Startup Business Development team works directly with the top startups in the world, to drive adoption, growth, and success on Amazon Web Services. The team’s comprised of a rare group – serial entrepreneurs, investors, and startup leaders – working within Amazon to drive AWS strategy, while supporting the next generation of startup entrepreneurs. As a member of the team, you will be working closely with teammates to support our leading startup partners.
You will be a key team member, using analysis to craft strategy for how AWS engages with startup partners and where to invest resources. The global landscape of early stage startups complex. You will support the Startup Business Development team in better understanding this landscape, digging deep to bring data and insight to light to enable the team to best engage startup teams.
This is a rare opportunity to join a high caliber team at center-stage in the startup technology ecosystem, and also at Amazon. Your team members will include former founders of top tech startups – people who have started publicly traded companies, sold companies to Google and Amazon, raised over $100M venture financing, and they are interested in providing colleagues with unique mentorship and network access. As you perform, you will take on more and more responsibility at a company that is growing rapidly, where a premium is placed on developing exceptional talent.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Analyzing datasets to identify business opportunities for AWS.
- Assessing startup, vertical, and program performance to guide resource deployment by AWS into these groups.
- Create, maintain and deliver reporting and analysis projects.
- Support Business Development Managers in their efforts managing portfolio startups.
- Lead operations on day-to-day programs and events with top startup partners.
- Understand and actively utilize Salesforce.com and other internal Amazon systems.
- Work closely with other AWS business development and business intelligence teams on strategic initiatives.
- Some travel may be required.
- Knowledge of and familiarity within the startup ecosystem
- Advanced experience with data focused tools.
This position must be located at one of our U.S. AWS Corp. offices with a preference for San Francisco.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.