Would you like to own managing relationships with the Private Equity (PE) community, and influencing decision making towards utilizing Amazon Web Services as the basis for their portfolio companies’ infrastructure? Do you have the business savvy, the technical insight, and the background necessary to mesh with the PE ecosystem and to help further establish Amazon as the leader in the cloud computing space?
As a business development manager within AWS, you will have the exciting opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of Amazon’s cloud computing platform within the PE firms and their portfolio companies. Your responsibilities will include identifying appropriate PE’s to target, driving the necessary business, strategic and technical relationships with the PE and their portfolio companies to establish new business in those accounts, and working closely with the AWS sales team to drive the day-to-day interactions with the portfolio companies in order to build long-term business opportunity. You’ll also work closely with AWS strategic corporate development, business development, product management, partner and marketing teams on strategic initiatives that tie in to the PE community.
The ideal candidate will possess both a business background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the CxO/VP level, as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact with software developers and architects. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness is a must.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Serve as a key member of the Business Development team in helping to drive overall AWS market and technical strategy.
- Identify key PEs with portfolio companies that have infrastructure needs, and drive engagement with those PEs.
- Execute the strategic business development plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. sales teams, partners, marketing, support, etc.).
- Work closely with the PEs and the portfolio companies to ensure they are successful using our web services, making sure they have the technical resources required.
- Understand and actively utilize salesforce.com and other internal Amazon systems.
- Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to establishing new PE engagements.
- Serve as the primary eyes and ears to the PE community on behalf of AWS and Amazon.
- Handle a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of the cloud computing market
- Some relevant business level technical knowledge is required, such as: database systems, core distributed computing concepts, fundamentals of cloud computing and virtualization, storage systems, content delivery networks (CDNs) etc. with ability to go deep enough on technical aspects to differentiate between varied AWS services.
** For more information on Amazon Web Services, please visit http://aws.amazon.com **