- 3-6 years of relevant work experience such as management consulting, investment banking, principal investing or a corporate finance rotation
- Advanced experience working with and making business decisions leveraging data focused tools ex: excel, tableau, SQL
The Startup Business Development Team is a rarefied group at AWS - made up of serial entrepreneurs, investors and early stage startup team members - we are passionate about enabling outsize success for the next generation of startup founders. As a member of the team, you will be working closely with teammates to support leading early-stage investors, universities, partners, and their companies.
You will be a key team member, using analysis to craft strategy for how AWS engages the startup ecosystem and where to invest resources. The global landscape of early stage startups is vast and complex. You will support the Startup Business Development team in better understanding this landscape, digging deep to bring data and insight to light that will enable the entire team to optimally engage startup teams.
This is a rare opportunity to join an incredibly high caliber team at center stage in the startup technology ecosystem, and also at Amazon. Your team members will include former founders of top tech startups - people who have started publicly traded companies, sold companies to Google and Amazon, were early at Facebook, etc., and they are interested in providing colleagues with unique mentor-ship and network access. And as you perform, you will take on more and more responsibility at a company that is growing rapidly where a premium is placed on developing exceptional talent.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Analyzing data sets to identify business opportunities for AWS
- Assessing investor and partner performance to guide resource deployment by AWS into these groups
- Create, maintain and deliver analysis and reports on the startup ecosystem
- Support Business Development Managers in their efforts managing investors, universities, partners and their portfolio companies
- Understand and actively utilize Salesforce.com and other internal Amazon systems.
- Work closely with other AWS business development and business intelligence teams on strategic initiatives that tie into the startup community.
- Some travel may be required.
The ideal candidate will possess both a technical background that enables them to analyze and assess our efforts in the startup segment, as well as a business background that help them understand customer needs in a dynamic, fast-paced ecosystem. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and a bias for action is necessary for success, as is the ability to dive deep into the data to help AWS's global organization achieve results.