- 5+ years of relevant work experience such as management consulting, investment banking, principal investing or a corporate finance rotation
- Experience within and knowledge of the PE industry
- Demonstrated leadership and the inclination to be a self-starter
- Experience with account management (SMBs and Enterprises) and solution selling
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Experience working with senior C-level executives, IT leadership and cloud service providers
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations including sales, marketing, business development, partners and training
- Some relevant business level technical knowledge is required, such as: database systems, core distributed computing concepts, fundamentals of cloud computing and virtualization, storage systems, content delivery networks (CDNs) etc. with ability to go deep enough on technical aspects to differentiate between varied AWS services
- Experience working with and making business decisions leveraging data focused tools ex: tableau, SQL, excel and SFDC
Would you like to develop relationships with the Private Equity (PE) community, and influence decision making towards utilizing Amazon Web Services as the basis for their portfolio companies' infrastructure? Do you have the business savvy, the technical insight, and the background necessary to mesh with the PE ecosystem and to help further establish Amazon as the leader in the cloud computing space?
In this role as a business development associate within AWS PE, you will be a key member of the support team. You will have the exciting opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of Amazon's cloud computing platform within the PE firms and their portfolio companies. Your responsibilities will include supporting deep relationships with the most strategic PE's, driving the necessary business process, strategic and technical support with the PE and their portfolio companies to establish new business in those accounts, and working closely with the AWS BDM and Sales team to drive the day-to-day interactions with the portfolio companies in order to build long-term business opportunity. You'll also work closely with AWS strategic corporate development, business development, product management, partner and marketing teams on strategic initiatives that tie in to the PE community.
The ideal candidate will possess both a business background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact with PE firms, as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact with software developers and architects. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness is a must.