- 5+ years of relevant work experience such as management consulting, investment banking, principal investing or a corporate finance rotation.
- Experience working with and making business decisions leveraging data focused tools ex: tableau, SQL, excel
The Startup Business Development Team is a rarified group at AWS - made up of serial entrepreneurs, investors and early stage startup team members - we are passionate about enabling outsize success for the next generation of startup founders. As a member of the team, you will be working closely with leading early-stage investors and partners, and support their portfolio companies with resources from AWS and Amazon.
You will be a key support team member in helping to craft strategy for how AWS engages the startup ecosystem, will influence product direction, and will support AWS in defining where best to invest resources. The global landscape of early stage startups is vast and complex. You will support the Startup Business Development team in better understanding this landscape, digging deep to bring data and insight to light that will enable the entire team to optimally engage startup teams.
This is a rare opportunity to join an incredibly high caliber team at center stage in the startup technology ecosystem, and also at Amazon. Your team members will include former founders of top tech startups - people who have started publicly traded companies, sold companies to Google and Amazon, were early at Facebook, etc., and they are interested in providing colleagues with unique mentor-ship and network access. And as you perform, you will take on more and more responsibility at a company that is growing rapidly where a premium is placed on developing exceptional talent.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Analyzing investor portfolios to identify business opportunities for AWS
- Assessing investor performance to guide resource deployment by AWS into these groups
- Create, maintain and deliver analysis and reports on the startup ecosystem
- Support Business Development Managers in their efforts managing accelerators and their portfolio companies
- Work directly with select accelerators and other early-stage partners to ensure their portfolio companies are happy long-term AWS customers
- Working closely with the AWS sales team drive the day-to-day interactions with the portfolio companies in order to build long-term opportunities.
- Understand and actively utilize Salesforce.com and other internal Amazon systems.
- Some travel may be required.
- You'll also work closely with other AWS business development, product management and program management teams on strategic initiatives that tie in to the startup community.
The ideal candidate will possess both a business background that enables them to analyze and assess our efforts in the startup segment, as well as the poise, professionalism and passion for startups that will give them credibility with investors and startups. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and a bias for action is necessary for success, as is the ability to dive deep in to the data to help AWS's global organization achieve results.
** For more information on Amazon Web Services, please visit http://aws.amazon.com **