- 7-10 years of experience in programming, systems architecture or systems administration
- 2-5 years of experience leading small to medium sized technical teams
- Experience conducting classroom training for related technology
products and services
- Technical degree (i.e. Computer Science) or relevant work experience required
Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides a highly reliable, scalable, and low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world. AWS Training and Certification team is looking for a proven and an experienced leader to on-board, manage, and develop a team of Technical Trainers in order to deliver world-class AWS Training and Certification products.
To meet the growing demand for AWS Services around the globe, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you have previous programming experience via application/web development, and can communicate highly technical concepts to audiences at different stages in the AWS journey, we'd like to speak with you. We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join our Training Team.
Here's your chance to work as a Training Delivery Manager on a newly formed team, with high visibility and significant customer impact. You will execute on training programs that include delivering training to customers and partners, both internal and external. Our courses cover various technology domains such as Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Big Data, Internet of Things (IoT), Serverless computing, System Architecture, System Operations, Application Development, DevOps, and Systems Migration.
In this role, you and your team will deliver training content to developers, administrators, architects, and partners to drive adoption and usage of AWS infrastructure services. You will have an opportunity to combine a passion for teaching, with enthusiasm for technology, to drive learning and establish positive customer relationships.
The successful candidate is an experienced technical trainer, preferably with hands-on experience using AWS products and services, in-depth knowledge of enterprise/web-scale software architecture, excellent communication skills, with a proven record of developing and retaining top technical trainer talent.
Here are some other qualities we are looking for:
The ability to engage deeply with engineering teams to plan for scale. Solving problems at scale is what makes our teams unique. You will dive deep with our product engineering teams to define our Learning Platform program plans and listen to customers to enable rapid innovation. Enjoy working with customers of all shapes and sizes. You will have a passion for managing a complex set of priorities for a diverse and challenging set of customers whether they are large or small. You will showcase your experience communicating and gaining business agreements across internal and external organizations.
If this position excites you, please submit your resume using the link below and include a cover letter outlining your motivation, experience and why you want to join our team!
- Manage a team of 8-10 technical trainers, monitor their performance and work to develop them to the next level.
- Observe each of your trainers at least 3x per year; increase the number of observations with less tenured trainers.
- Play an active role in the onboarding and ramping of new trainers to your team and in the organization plus across our Canadian AAI (Amazon Authorized Instructor) Community.
- Lead hiring efforts by conducting phone screens and in-person interviews to identify top talent.
- Working with the Training Coordinators, manage all training deliveries